Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Ottawa just lost 2 preseason games in a row. Time to panic?

The problem with Ottawa is their coach.

He doesn't trust his players to transport the puck up the ice effrctively. So they rely heavily on the stretch pass for zone exits and dump ins for entries. It's almost like he wants to eliminate the neutral zone.

If the Leafs play "keep away" the Senators are playing "hot potato".

I had high hopes for Ottawa until they hired Green. The only reason he got the job is because the NHL thinks retired players make good coaches. If you played the game you’re apparently smart enough to be gifted a role behind the bemch.

The whole league is a closed inbred society.

Ottawa regurgitating Green as one of the best thirty two coaches in the world tells us that. He has no record of success at the NHL level. There's hundreds of professional leagues with thousands of coaches all over the world.

For a team looking to turn it around they should have tried anything but proven badness.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-09-30-04-38-54~2.png

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Rielly gets 5 games and Jackeye gets a fine, funny stuff :laugh:

Chasing an unwilling participant around and punching him in the back of the head with your glove on is more of a hockey play than riding a jackass into the boards after a goal. :sarcasm:

I don't even care that much but the NHL's inconsistency is fascinating.

Reactions: Al14

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

They deserve it.

The problem with Ottawa is their coach.

He doesn't trust his players to transport the puck up the ice effrctively. So they rely heavily on the stretch pass for zone exits and dump ins for entries. It's almost like he wants to eliminate the neutral zone.

If the Leafs play "keep away" the Senators are playing "hot potato".

I had high hopes for Ottawa until they hired Green. The only reason he got the job is because the NHL thinks retired players make good coaches. If you played the game you’re apparently smart enough to be gifted a role behind the bemch.

The whole league is a closed inbred society.

Ottawa regurgitating Green as one of the best thirty two coaches in the world tells us that. He has no record of success at the NHL level. There's hundreds of professional leagues with thousands of coaches all over the world.

For a team looking to turn it around they should have tried anything but proven badness.

Don't vworry. This is Tkachuk's year.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If I'm Swayman my ask goes up after this. If they want to vilify me, then I'll actually become the villain.
Or at minimum, stick to my guns.

The funny thing... Boston's two other signed goalies... DiPietro has three NHL games, over three seasons, the last in 2021/22... and their other goalie has no NHL games yet.

If Korpisalo goes down, they are in very serious trouble here.

I’d demand a trade at this point .. to a rival team who needs a goalie.. like Montreal :laugh:
Josh Anderson + Montembeault + 2025 1st. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
B’s management are botching this whole this and putting it out in public now is a real shitty move, politicizing Swayman as the bad guy.

Inadvertently there is high pressure on Swayman to perform if he does sign, and that will only increase with his salary demands.

In that Boston market, that can be relentless and toxic if he struggles a little.

At this point he might as well stick to his guns and get his bag, because of the volatile nature of goalies and risks associated. Or he can be dealt to another team.

Reactions: Menzinger and Peasy

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
B’s management are botching this whole this and putting it out in public now is a real shitty move, politicizing Swayman as the bad guy.

Inadvertently there is high pressure on Swayman to perform if he does sign, and that will only increase with his salary demands.

In that Boston market, that can be relentless and toxic if he struggles a little.

At this point he might as well stick to his guns and get his bag, because of the volatile nature of goalies and risks associated. Or he can be dealt to another team.

Weekes said it best.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is incredibly embarrassing for their GM..like laughably so.

I hope management gets taken to the cleaners on this deal
Maybe the Bruins culture isn't all that it's made out to be of team over individual?

"Ducks" before the Overdrive guys come after me.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
I have no problems with what Seabass said. Gross and Swayman had already came out and made it seem like it was the Bruins low balling them. A $64 mill contract seems like fair value so it’s just putting the ball back in Gross/Swayman’s court. I’m sure GMs are getting a bit tired of this particular agent’s games.

That being said I hope he holds out and ends up costing the Bruins 12+ mill a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad