Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah I know. But he is entering his final year. A player of his calibre that’s a big yikes if he isn’t signed by December 2024.
Exactly, that’s why I brought it up.
I imagine before camp they offer to make him the highest paid player in the league.
If he turns it down would they move him ?

While his situation is up in the air it could affect the Marner situation

Reactions: 3blizzard4

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
From watching the same game 7, how far away are the no-shows in Edmonton? Showing up less than 50% of the games means they are far away from competing, right?
It's funny seeing the desperation from some of you. Actually try and compare a Cup Finals to a 1st round. Come back with this post when Marner and the boys put up 11 points in the Cup Finals.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It's funny seeing the desperation from some of you. Actually try and compare a Cup Finals to a 1st round. Come back with this post when Marner and the boys put up 11 points in the Cup Finals.

I've been told that most of those points mean nothing because they were in games where it was already over... I don't make the rules, I just know this was applied to Marner in his 3-point game against Tampa, so I think it should be applied evenly to everyone.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
McDavid had ONE 5v5 point in the series, when Barkov was on the ice. Barkov completely shut him down, and if it wasn’t for his stellar defensive play, Panthers don’t win.

I think there is an argument to be made, that Barkov deserved consideration.
Of course. Still doesn't change the fact that we just witnessed the best playoff run since what? the 90s by a player and he still put up 11 points in the Finals. Would just be wrong not to give it to him if Giguere already won the Conn Smythe on the losing team before.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I've been told that most of those points mean nothing because they were in games where it was already over... I don't make the rules, I just know this was applied to Marner in his 3-point game against Tampa, so I think it should be applied evenly to everyone.
Again, Cup Finals to 1st round. Comparisons just aren't the same and you look desperate to defend your boy. Marner still gets paid more than Draisatl and Matthews got paid close to McDavid. Their team made Bobrovsky look very bad for 3 games while ours made Bobrovsky look bad 0 games.

You really can't see how sad it is trying to compare Games in the 1st round to the Cup Finals?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yes and No.

I 100% believe that if Hyman or even Drai had the same stats as McD, he won’t be voted in to win the Conn Symthe. It was such a marketing gimmick.

And I don’t buy that the votes were done before the end of the game excuse, as it really doesn’t take that long to tally the vote plus they could had done a vote for both teams.

well yeah. most likely. I know that McDavid like beat Gretzky's record and all of that but i don't think i would have given him the Smythe. like when Gigure won it in 2003. the dude legit was like. finding ways to win. it was nuts. McDavid was doing McDavid-y things - but Barkov and Bob were doing amazing things too

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Ok let's look at overall stats. Leafs' stars see their regular season offense fall off a cliff in the playoffs (well under a point per game) while McDrai actually produce more

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Why are you defending a team who couldn't get it done?

Our fanbase is more Oiler fans than Leafs fans at this point it seems.

Their star players disappear in the tough games it appears.
Are we supposed to keep saying Leafs is the best.
Our top guys are the best.
They are amazing.
They are so good that they don’t need a Cup to show it since all the trophies and Stanley Cup will always be in Toronto, as they are in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

For Christ sakes, it is okay to give credits to another teams or players if they actually done well.

Again, Cup Finals to 1st round. Comparisons just aren't the same and you look desperate to defend your boy. Marner still gets paid more than Draisatl and Matthews got paid close to McDavid. Their team made Bobrovsky look very bad for 3 games while ours made Bobrovsky look bad 0 games.

You really can't see how sad it is trying to compare Games in the 1st round to the Cup Finals?
I have been told that 1st overall pick and the 29th overall pick is the same as both of them are in the 1st round of the draft.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Props to the Edmonton Oilers and their fans.

It was a fun ride that unfortunately came up short.

Watching those playoffs was a reminder we really aren’t close to being able to compete at that level.

We really aren’t.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Props to the Edmonton Oilers and their fans.

It was a fun ride that unfortunately came up short.

Watching those playoffs was a reminder we really aren’t close to being able to compete at that level.

We really aren’t.
Think we know that for a while but just refuse to believe it.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Honestly. i see it both ways.
it's sort of like the Olympics when the heavy gold medal favourite gets silver (or bronze) and they rip it off and people blast them for being sore losers or whatever or not being happy to win a medal. but that's not the point. they lost. and if they were expected to win - it hurts even more and i feel they are allowed a moment to actually be human and take that loss. it hurts. (I would assume i mean i've never been to the Olympics as a competitor)

so I could understand McDavid taking a minute or two to compose himself.

but as one of the faces of the league - just go and accept it. i mean make a statement and don't pose for the picture, and whatever but at least go and take the thing.

You know McDavid's gonna have to post for a picture if he goes out and accepts it...he'll be immortalize with a photo op of a loser accepting the Conn Smythe.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
From watching the same game 7, how far away are the no-shows in Edmonton? Showing up less than 50% of the games means they are far away from competing, right?
Lol. I am sorry. I am confused. Was last nights game 7 in the 1st round?

I could have sworn it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Why are you mocking a team that was two goals away from winning the Cup.

One Series Win in 8 seasons is a lot further away than 2 goals away in Game 7 of the SCF.
Yes both teams didn’t win but if you go by that logic, then the Sens, Habs and Utah are just as close as the Leafs.

There is nothing wrong with other Leafs fans stating facts
I am now 100% convinced that he's a certain 5 letter word that starts with a T.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Lol. I am sorry. I am confused. Was last nights game 7 in the 1st round?

I could have sworn it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

I am now 100% convinced that he's a certain 5 letter word that starts with a T.
or just one of the Nickel's army or whatever you call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad