Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I expected Leon to be the sore loser in all this. The so-called greatest thing since sliced bread ditching the ice and not accepting the Smythe caught me by surprise.

Honestly. i see it both ways.
it's sort of like the Olympics when the heavy gold medal favourite gets silver (or bronze) and they rip it off and people blast them for being sore losers or whatever or not being happy to win a medal. but that's not the point. they lost. and if they were expected to win - it hurts even more and i feel they are allowed a moment to actually be human and take that loss. it hurts. (I would assume i mean i've never been to the Olympics as a competitor)

so I could understand McDavid taking a minute or two to compose himself.

but as one of the faces of the league - just go and accept it. i mean make a statement and don't pose for the picture, and whatever but at least go and take the thing.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I wonder if Edmonton re-signs Draisaitl after July 1 or they let him play out the season?
MM for Drai swap in July 1.
maybe Oilers need to add as MM is a better player with his 200ft game, always avoid contacts, highest IQ and being a true magician that will disappear.
As Drai is overrated as he can only score goals on PP, don’t play defense, win faceoffs, and he didn’t do anything in the SCF when his team needed him.

😆

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
MM for Drai swap in July 1.
maybe Oilers need to add as MM is a better player with his 200ft game, always avoid contacts, highest IQ and being a true magician that will disappear.
As Drai is overrated as he can only score goals on PP, don’t play defense, win faceoffs, and he didn’t do anything in the SCF when his team needed him.

😆

Draisaitl doesn’t even PK.

Edmonton gonna have to throw in a 1st+ minimum

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
From watching the same game 7, how far away are the no-shows in Edmonton? Showing up less than 50% of the games means they are far away from competing, right?
Why are you mocking a team that was two goals away from winning the Cup.

One Series Win in 8 seasons is a lot further away than 2 goals away in Game 7 of the SCF.
Yes both teams didn’t win but if you go by that logic, then the Sens, Habs and Utah are just as close as the Leafs.

There is nothing wrong with other Leafs fans stating facts

Reactions: ToneDog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly. i see it both ways.
it's sort of like the Olympics when the heavy gold medal favourite gets silver (or bronze) and they rip it off and people blast them for being sore losers or whatever or not being happy to win a medal. but that's not the point. they lost. and if they were expected to win - it hurts even more and i feel they are allowed a moment to actually be human and take that loss. it hurts. (I would assume i mean i've never been to the Olympics as a competitor)

so I could understand McDavid taking a minute or two to compose himself.

but as one of the faces of the league - just go and accept it. i mean make a statement and don't pose for the picture, and whatever but at least go and take the thing.
Yes and No.

I 100% believe that if Hyman or even Drai had the same stats as McD, he won’t be voted in to win the Conn Symthe. It was such a marketing gimmick.

And I don’t buy that the votes were done before the end of the game excuse, as it really doesn’t take that long to tally the vote plus they could had done a vote for both teams.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Why are you mocking a team that was two goals away from winning the Cup.

One Series Win in 8 seasons is a lot further away than 2 goals away in Game 7 of the SCF.
Yes both teams didn’t win but if you go by that logic, then the Sens, Habs and Utah are just as close as the Leafs.

There is nothing wrong with other Leafs fans stating facts

Why are you defending a team who couldn't get it done?

Our fanbase is more Oiler fans than Leafs fans at this point it seems.

Two goals?

Their star players disappear in the tough games it appears.

Reactions: WillNy29

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Think he does as he wins faceoffs.
But he is no where near the PK machine that is MM.

So I agree with the 1st +
I'd ask them to throw in McDavid to sweeten the deal but who'd want to pick up that $12.5m cap hit for a guy who was invisible in the last two games of the SCF? Screw it, let's keep Marner and pay him $100m.

BTW, Oil have lost to last 3 SC winners. Is there a trophy for that?

Reactions: Gabriel426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad