Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Crosby has more cups but McDavid's play .. holy smokes.

Man. Every year that 2010s generation ekes out a little bit more of a playoff reputation, putting up special moments towards winning a cup. Mackinnon winning the cup in Colorado. Eichel winning the cup in Vegas the year after. Barkov and Tkachuk battling McDavid and Draisaitl for what could be a 7 game epic comeback/meltdown. Auston Matthews and his Game 2 in the first round vs Boston playing the greatest game of his playoff career, scoring not only 1 goal, but also 2 assists. Stuff of legend.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah, more likely Berube turns into the Joey Fatone of their boyband than anything else.
You have 4 guys making 11 million. Where are you moving them? This team is built around those 4 financially and emotionally. Is Berube going to move Nylander to the 3rd line? 4th line? Last year we had one other guy (Bertuzzi) who scored 20 goals. Eventually those guys get moved back and they know it. Accountability went out the window when the money truck was backed up.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Yeah this performance is just too much. And arguably Crosby’s Smythe in ‘16 should’ve gone to Kessel.

I’m putting the cart before the horse here though. McDavid and the Oilers still need two more wins to complete the improbable.
Crosby never carried a defense corp this bad. Edmonton could dress Holl next game and nobody would notice the difference.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs are cursed. No other explanations needed.

Anyway, if Edmonton pulls this off it cements McDavid's legacy near the top of the all-time greats.

Talk about the rest of the team, and yes they were contributors, but McDavid is winning this for them if they do it. He's pulled them out of the ashes in these last two games.

The f***ing lotto ball we missed McJesus by one number. ONE f***ING NUMBER

and then went on to draft Marner who majority of the fanbase has had it with

Cursed you said? there might be some truth to it!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You have 4 guys making 11 million. Where are you moving them? This team is built around those 4 financially and emotionally. Is Berube going to move Nylander to the 3rd line? 4th line? Last year we had one other guy (Bertuzzi) who scored 20 goals. Eventually those guys get moved back and they know it. Accountability went out the window when the money truck was backed up.

The calculation here is Berube can give them the hard talk and hold them to a standard, unlock some level of buy in and maturity and get through to someone on the other end.

But seeing the character of these guys on display over the years and the soft coddling parenting style of a Shanahan at the top, the Big 4 definitely needs to be reduced to a Big 2 for any cultural change. And eventually probably none of them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Talking with some neighbours today and they hate Edmonton because of the incorrect draft that got them McDavid.

No they weren't Flames or Leafs fans.

Edit: Original 6 fans.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The calculation here is Berube can give them the hard talk and hold them to a standard, unlock some level of buy in and maturity and get through to someone on the other end.

But seeing the character of these guys on display over the years and the soft coddling parenting style of a Shanahan at the top, the Big 4 definitely needs to be reduced to a Big 2 for any cultural change. And eventually probably none of them.

I'm still shocked by the interaction on the bench with the thick skinned player telling the others to grow up.

It makes me wonder how long the tongue has been bitten?

I'd like to fantasize there is more from where that came from!

Give that man a letter, and take it away from the children.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Yeah it sucks the way it went but McDavid hasn’t won the Cup (yet) or every year he’s been in the league.

We sat on our hands far too long watching a core many said couldn’t get it done, letting year after year go by, and waited until you can’t get any assets people would want for them at this stage. All about to get paid more and more. That’s not on the lottery.

Reactions: PromisedLand

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Barry Zito looks like does lines of coke during the game lol psychotic face. But in any case Draistail is either gassed out or injured which makes this McDavid run even more crazy. I wish one of our guys could show up and put on a performance in a big playoff game

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
So I dropped 20 bucks on the Oilers to win the series after they went down 3-0......can win 240 bucks.. plus the added 95 bucks I can win when I dropped some cash on them to win randomly back in early March..... Funny this is I also put money down back in January for the Pantehrs to win it all and can win 140..... I can't f***ing lose here boys!!! 😂
You’re gonna be fricken hundredaire. That’s crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad