Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
GTA hockey is steeped in that heart and soul culture, real, imagined, whatever. And for some reason we got a guy who is a complete outlier, can't even fake it.

Leafs are cursed. No other explanations needed.

Anyway, if Edmonton pulls this off it cements McDavid's legacy near the top of the all-time greats.

Talk about the rest of the team, and yes they were contributors, but McDavid is winning this for them if they do it. He's pulled them out of the ashes in these last two games.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Now, if Draisaitl can wake up here...

McDavid...what a treat to watch. Haven't seen that much fire in him like after that ENG. Looks like a man possessed to complete a mission.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs are cursed. No other explanations needed.

Anyway, if Edmonton pulls this off it cements McDavid's legacy near the top of the all-time greats.

Talk about the rest of the team, and yes they were contributors, but McDavid is winning this for them if they do it. He's pulled them out of the ashes in these last two games.

I think our star boys are just jackasses.

Watching McDavid, I'm inspired to build a Stanley Cup contender led by superstars...

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
McDavid is singlehandedly dragging the Oilers back into this series. Would be nice to see one of our stars do something similar, ever.

Our stars aren’t McDavid. Hell they aren’t even Roberts or Gilmour, the last two guys who could conceivably be said to have dragged a Leafs team deep into the playoffs, and even then they fell short.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Watching McDavid, I'm inspired to build a Stanley Cup contender led by superstars...
Same here. Let me know when some of these high priced contracts are up so we can start.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If you were to look at the Leafs and fantasize about which player skates like and moves like and shoots like a lower case McDavid ... wouldn't be Matthews, marner, nor Tavares ... remember I said lower case. Funny, seems McDavid had another gear ... Leafs need a new clutch.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
If this goes to Game 7 (which I think it will) there is what about 3 to 4 days until July 1st free agency

Think about it. SCF will be completed not even a week before free agency. Whoever wins the cup might not even get to celebrate properly before their agent is bugging them about a new team LMAO

Bettman and NHL scheduling LMAO :laugh:
and the draft starts on June 28th lol

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Our stars aren’t McDavid. Hell they aren’t even Roberts or Gilmour, the last two guys who could conceivably be said to have dragged a Leafs team deep into the playoffs, and even then they fell short.

I remember some on this board said Matthews was on McDavid's level a couple of years ago lol

It has never been close.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If you were to look at the Leafs and fantasize about which player skates like and moves like and shoots like a lower case McDavid ... wouldn't be Matthews, marner, nor Tavares ... remember I said lower case. Funny, seems McDavid had another gear ... Leafs need a new clutch.

I'm curious to see if a hard nosed coach like Berube can unlock something special in our big guys and take them to another level, bring out some kind of fire and compete in them. And that doesn't even apply to all of them. I'm not looking at it from a position of hope, but more skepticism... that's basically the last, last straw. If there isn't something behaviorally different starting the in the regular season, I won't mind of they got rid of all of them.

Reactions: BallardEra

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm curious to see if a hard nosed coach like Berube can unlock something special in our big guys and take them to another level, bring out some kind of fire and compete in them. And that doesn't even apply to all of them. I'm not looking at it from a position of hope, but more skepticism... that's basically the last, last straw. If there isn't something behaviorally different starting the in the regular season, I won't mind of they got rid of all of them.
With 4 of them, I say it’s more likely they take over Berube then he takes over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad