Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
LMAO - Florida's new logo design just dropped

GQpTQB2WMAALqvH
That guy still looks tougher than what the Panthers have been showing us past week

Reactions: PromisedLand

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
LMAO - Florida's new logo design just dropped

GQpTQB2WMAALqvH

ROFL! Where do you get this stuff?

Seriously though, when the top team of the East is beaten by Edmonton's depth in a crucial playoff game, you know the world is f***ed.

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

Dubas f***ed us so much worse.

I take solace in the fact that Dubas is f***ing up another team now. Yes, I'm petty.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
My boy Zach Hyman with his 16th goal of the playoffs and his 70th goal of the season, most playoff goals since Joe Sakic had 18 in 1996,

Edmonton has now got 1 game for all the marbles.

You really wonder who was holding Hyman back when he was a Leaf...Matthews or Marner?

Reactions: PromisedLand

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
First 8 periods of Stanley Cup finals.

Florida 11 goals Edmonton 2

Next 10 periods

Edmonton 20 goals, Florida 5

Edmonton looked dead and buried at one point, and now you wonder how Florida can possibly win. Crazy swing of momentum, one that I've never seen before. Sure, there have been a few instances of teams coming back from being down 0-3 in various sports before, but I don't recall a situation where the comeback team seemed so uncompetitive in losing, and then suddenly so dominant in winning.

Honestly, I was cheering for Florida, mostly due to disliking Edmonton fanbase... but how can you not cheer on Edmonton now for the epic comeback?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
First 8 periods of Stanley Cup finals.

Florida 11 goals Edmonton 2

Next 10 periods

Edmonton 20 goals, Florida 5

Edmonton looked dead and buried at one point, and now you wonder how Florida can possibly win. Crazy swing of momentum, one that I've never seen before. Sure, there have been a few instances of teams coming back from being down 0-3 in various sports before, but I don't recall a situation where the comeback team seemed so uncompetitive in losing, and then suddenly so dominant in winning.

Honestly, I was cheering for Florida, mostly due to disliking Edmonton fanbase... but how can you not cheer on Edmonton now for the epic comeback?
Even though the score favoured Florida in the first 3 games, I truly thought that Edm looked better in games 1 and 3.

Game 2 was all Florida and I don't know how they can get back to playing that game.

Without Bob's heroics early, Edm would have won the Cup already. But this is far more intriguing

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I can't stand the Oilers or their fanbase, I've actively followed the Western bracket in hopes they would be eliminated. But I can't help but respect what they've done here, they're a seriously flawed team and it makes no sense they are where they are but this is pure will and determination at this point.

Have to give them props, EDM are simply refusing to lose and every single player has bought in. Florida are shell shocked, at this point I'd be more surprised if the Oilers didn't win.

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The one positive about Florida pulling off the biggest choke in league history is it might calm the fanbase down... or maybe not.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
The one positive about Florida pulling off the biggest choke in league history is it might calm the fanbase down... or maybe not.
Would also humble the standup comedian Paul Maurice. Few coaches in the league this would look better on.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
If Edmonton wins all you un-patriotics who picked Florida don't get to celebrate.

You don't get to jump on the bandwagon AFTER they win. You pick your pony and ride it to the bitter end. You share in your proxy team's misery and humiliation.

I'll at least be able to celebrate living vicariously through Edmonton's achievements.

I wasn't gonna pick Florida. It's both anti-patriotic and anti-Leafs. Now that Tampa and Boston are on the way down Forida is enemy number one in this fan's eyes.

Responsible for this Leafs core most humiliating playoffs loss to date.

Nothing would make me happier than watching them get embarassed in the biggest game of the year. Other than seeing the Leafs themselves actually win it all. But since that's never gonna happen I'll take Edmonton winning it as a pretty nice consolation prize.

Then I can rub it in all the faces of the unpatriots who picked Florida.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
If Edmonton wins all you un-patriotics who picked Florida don't get to celebrate.

You don't get to jump on the bandwagon AFTER they win. You pick your pony and ride it to the bitter end. You share in your proxy team's misery and humiliation.

I'll at least be able to celebrate living vicariously through Edmonton's achievements.

I wasn't gonna pick Florida. It's both anti-patriotic and anti-Leafs. Now that Tampa and Boston are on the way down Forida is enemy number one in this fan's eyes.

Nothing would make me happier than watching them get embarassed in the biggest game of the year. Other than seeing the Leafs themselves actually win it all. But since that's never gonna happen I'll take Edmonton winning it as a pretty nice consolation prize.

Are you from Alberta? If roles are reversed, the Leafs are in the final, not a single person in Alberta would cheer for the Leafs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I can't stand the Oilers or their fanbase, I've actively followed the Western bracket in hopes they would be eliminated. But I can't help but respect what they've done here, they're a seriously flawed team and it makes no sense they are where they are but this is pure will and determination at this point.

Have to give them props, EDM are simply refusing to lose and every single player has bought in. Florida are shell shocked, at this point I'd be more surprised if the Oilers didn't win.

Let's be real .. McDavid is an all-time great, and those kinds of players can hide many flaws in a team.

He singlehandedly put the team on his back in games 4 and 5, and dragged them back into the fight. At this point it's just about winning two games and the team responded with a win last night. We are past the expected wins and probabilities and now just in a situation of who wants it more, talent be damned.

As a fan of just the game, we are on the verge of witnessing something that's only happened once in NHL history (and most of us have not seen in our lifetime). You combine that with McDavid being the leader of this team, and it's truly special. So you have to put your biases aside and just simply appreciate it.

But as a fan with biases... I hate Florida, so seeing them blowing this would be hilarious. On the other hand, I dislike Edmonton too.. And seeing more ex-Leafs win a cup after being castoff would be bitter.

At the end of the day, though, I'm 2 points behind the leader my hockey pool.. So I need Florida to just win the game so I can cash out $150 :laugh:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Jesus, take a step back there... you really need to understand how much shit Toronto gets from people out west. They are relentlessly made fun of.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I have to believe that the Leafs core-4 watching old teammates Brown, Hyman, Carrick, Ceci, Pickard, Campbell and even, sort of, Gagner (Marlies) do this, it will light a fire under them. Because, if this doesn't, I really don't think anything will.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Are you from Alberta? If roles are reversed, the Leafs are in the final, not a single person in Alberta would cheer for the Leafs.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The Oilers loser fanbase trash the Leafs 24/7. Safe to say they wouldn't live vicariously through us.

Please post this shit on their board. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad