Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

1717379103533.png

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I think the Oilers are going to win the Cup.

That might be embarrassing enough to stimulate change in Toronto, and if it does, I'll deal with the Oilers winning as best I can.

If the Oilers win the Cup and we re-sign Marner they might have to literally ban me because I'll be a living hell in every way.
I don't think I'll watch next year if they run it back. It's petty as hell but I've had it with this group. If/when they make meaningful change that's when I'll watch.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I honestly think it's time to put Dubas in the same conversation as JFJ when it comes to all time worst GM's in Leafs history.

Actually. Dubas might be worse.

My God how could he let Hyman walk?

JFJ wasn't allowed a rebuild eventhough he wanted to by the Teacher's Pension Plan.

Dubas was given everything (cap space, assets, young team on the rise having just finsihed with 100 pt season); nobody has done so poorly with so much to work with in the history of NHL

Dubas is the worst GM ever in the NHL history as far as I am concerned

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I don't think I'll watch next year if they run it back. It's petty as hell but I've had it with this group. If/when they make meaningful change that's when I'll watch.
Agreed, if they re-sign Marner. I already avoided most of the regular season most years and would only watch the playoffs and lie to myself that I didn't pay attention or care when I actually did.

This year would be different and would result in more severe action. Why should any of us care if they don't? We have to hope. Edmonton winning would rub it in and make it worse. So that might help? Maybe?

Some of it is out of Tre's hands. He might not be able to trade Marner. If so, he better not compound the mistake by retaining him.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I think Florida versus Edmonton will be men versus boys.
I want to think that, but the Oilers legitimately have two of the greatest players in NHL history and easily the two best in the league right now. They can take over anything.

Reactions: fahad203

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I think Florida versus Edmonton will be men versus boys.

Yeah for Edmonton, if you think Florida is beating EDM idk what to tell you. EDM will be skating circles around Florida. And Edmonton is not going to get suckered into the physicality game. I just don’t see how Florida will outscore EDM.

Why did we pick 29th ? Did we make it to the stanley cup ?

Lol we traded down in that draft smart one. Do you even follow the leafs hahaha?!

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Florida vs Edmonton is pretty much a tossup. Both deserving teams. I think Skinner is a guy I don't totally trust though. He needs to stay hot for Edmonton to have a real chance.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Nah, Florida will smother them. Barkov is going to shut down McDavid at even strength, and people may finally appreciate just how good he is.

Loool Barkov couldn’t even shut down jonathan marchessault last year and you think he gonna shut down McDavid and Draisaitl?! Be for real

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Meh, I’m not gonna glaze and slobber the oilers. If you want to be my guest lol!
I hate Edmonton Oilers but the only thing leafs fans can say is that the city of edmonton is viewed lower than toronto for desirability to live in the world

Oilers franchise history with decade of darkness is tiers better than toronto.

We dont have a player as good as;

Gretzky, Messier, Mcdavid, Coffey, in our franchise history

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I think the Oilers are going to win the Cup.

That might be embarrassing enough to stimulate change in Toronto, and if it does, I'll deal with the Oilers winning as best I can.

If the Oilers win the Cup and we re-sign Marner they might have to literally ban me because I'll be a living hell in every way.
I may take up knitting as a winter hobby if that happens. Fml.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad