Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It's hard to remember every loser move.

In that particular draft moving down was the best value. We weren’t going to be able to move up to grab Dobson or Bouchard, once Miller was picked, Sandin was the next best player. So moving down and getting extra picks made sense. Everyone else inbetween those defenseman except for Dellandrea and Farabee have not established themselves as a legit NHL player. So the leafs did tidy work there. Then we also drafted Durzi who’s pretty good but traded him for Muzzin.

Reactions: rocketman588

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I honestly think it's time to put Dubas in the same conversation as JFJ when it comes to all time worst GM's in Leafs history.

Actually. Dubas might be worse.

My God how could he let Hyman walk?

Not even close. JFJ had it tough. Dubas would have gone to the corner and cried if he had to deal with Pat Quinn

JFJ didn't have the luxury of young stars like Dubas did
Didn't have the assets and didn't have the time

That Maple Leafs that JFJ inherited was coming out from the lockout. We had lost significant amount of players due to Free Agency like Leetch, Niewyendyk and Roberts.

That entire team was built around pre-lock out season. He didn't have time to chagne personnel or dynamics.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Boy they aren't going to hold like this. I mean it's the usual, they push hard and pinch and does something pop free for Edmonton? But Dallas is on track right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad