Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
When Toronto wins finally. Do you think the people will remember how to celebrate?
The city will be burnt down... if it ever happens...

I mean the Raptors/Jays/MLS/Team Canada at various levels and sports.... have all won... so we've experienced celebrating wins... just not with the Leafs.

Reactions: Arzak and thewave

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Going to be pretty brutal for Edmonton if both LD and McDvaid leave in free agency eventually

True, unless they win the Cup this year or the next one. LD to Bruins and McJesus to Leafs, just to make this division even more ridiculous.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Third rate?

Imagine being salty because Canada failed to win a medal in a third-rate tournament!

It would be stranger if he didn't celebrate gold and WC. At home!! But yeah, you're puzzled...

I can only imagine how salty one can be posting "I'm so puzzled why Pasta is celebrating WC win in Prague" :DD:DD

The only hockey I care about involves the Leafs. The last time I cared about an international tournament was the 2002 Olympics and that was only because Canada hadn't won Gold in like 50 years. But yeah, congrats to the Euros for beating Canada's D team.

horner

May 22, 2007
In the next 2 years Edmonton has to sign McDavid 14.5 mil Bouchard 8.5 mil and Draisaitl 14 mil + nurse 9.5 mil = 46.5 mil
Ekholm is a UFA in 2 yrs
Nurse a bad contract from day 1

• Wow
Reactions: 3blizzard4

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The only hockey I care about involves the Leafs. The last time I cared about an international tournament was the 2002 Olympics and that was only because Canada hadn't won Gold in like 50 years. But yeah, congrats to the Euros for beating Canada's D team.

Comments like this are the reason why so many people celebrate any time Canada loses. :laugh:

If we win, "awesome, we knew we could do it, champions again", etc.

If we lose, it's "meh, we didn't want to win anyway, who cares".

I'm glad the Czechs won, happy for 'em, been a while since they had anything to cheer about. Canada didn't deserve a medal with the way the team played. Better luck next year.

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Ok :DD, shame Leaf's captain wasn't playing at WC.

Also, you'd be surprised, but other nations had players playing SC playoffs too. Canada should be able to ice the C team without McJesus. Germany was without Draisatl, the Finish team missing Barkov and so on.

I appreciate you doubling down with an even saltier response! That consistency!

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Ok :DD, shame Leaf's captain wasn't playing at WC.

Also, you'd be surprised, but other nations had players playing SC playoffs too. Canada should be able to ice the C team without McJesus. Germany was without Draisatl, the Finish team missing Barkov and so on.

I appreciate you doubling down with an even saltier response! That consistency!

So what if the Leaf's captain was playing? It wasn't the Toronto Maple Leafs playing so why should I care?

Thanks for reminding me how team selection works Captain Obvious. No shit... those players are still playing for the real prize as I pointed out. Only one salty here is you for believing that anything IIHF is relevant LMAO. Anyways, enjoy the only tournament a player like David Kampf will be significant in lol.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Comments like this are the reason why so many people celebrate any time Canada loses. :laugh:

If we win, "awesome, we knew we could do it, champions again", etc.

If we lose, it's "meh, we didn't want to win anyway, who cares".

I'm glad the Czechs won, happy for 'em, been a while since they had anything to cheer about. Canada didn't deserve a medal with the way the team played. Better luck next year.

Yes its fans comments the reason why people love to watch Canada lose.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Cant see how Bouchard would accept anything lower than Nurse's number.

They'll probably have to have to buy him out if they want to keep the others which I know they do. That is if they can

That's with Campbell still in their books. Not sure how many they can buy off each year.

Also Bouchard will be an instant regret when he signs the deal

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
The city will be burnt down... if it ever happens...

I mean the Raptors/Jays/MLS/Team Canada at various levels and sports.... have all won... so we've experienced celebrating wins... just not with the Leafs.
Today I learned Toronto won an MLS championship. I had no idea. lol. Soccer ain’t to popular in rural Ontario.

Reactions: Arzak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad