Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
the more playoff hockey I watch, the more I realize how dogshit our pp was

that effortless goal by florida is insane. And we have the 50 million dollar lineup lol

It's because Leafs lack threatening shooters on their powerplay...Marner is just skating around the perimeter looking to pass, while everyone else is standing around waiting for the pass...if Rielly gets the puck, he's skating around for a chance to shoot his weak wrister to the front, or he passes it...meanwhile, the defenders focus on Matthews and/or Nylander and make sure Tavares doesn't get the rebound or tip...there's not much to the Leafs' powerplay...it's so stagnant and very predictable for a team to game plan against them in the playoffs.

Reactions: OddyOh and thewave

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
that was a brutal PK from the rangers .. bad read by trouba to chase on the half wall
Took it to far ya. Committed didn't contain. But beautiful puck movement from Florida. Perfectly executed series off a PP f/o win.

Can't keep winning when you're always getting outplayed, even with elite goaltending. Rangers might pull off a miracle this series, but I don't think they'll win it all
I think the home team takes the win in the next three in this series. And neither beats Dallas.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
The rags are basically the Italian national soccer team of old. Rely entirely on defense and Buffon then yeet a back breaking goal in the dying minutes of the game.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
It's because Leafs lack threatening shooters on their powerplay...Marner is just skating around the perimeter looking to pass, while everyone else is standing around waiting for the pass...if Rielly gets the puck, he's skating around for a chance to shoot his weak wrister to the front, or he passes it...meanwhile, the defenders focus on Matthews and/or Nylander and make sure Tavares doesn't get the rebound or tip...there's not much to the Leafs' powerplay...it's so stagnant and very predictable for a team to game plan against them in the playoffs.
Just compare Tavares to Tkachuk or Kreider infront of the net

Reinhart vs Marner?(he might be too scared to go) in the slot

Rielly vs Forsling or Fox at the point

All of those are awful yes, but Matthews and nylander couldn’t get even 1 for us

Matthews isn’t much of a dual threat. Take his shot away and he’s useless for most of the time. This gets compounded when he is passing mostly to Tavares, marner, or Rielly.

Nylander is the only true dual threat but he can’t be our only one. In an ideal situation you’d have 3 dual threats and 1 great puck mover with a shot and a net front guy who can pass.

also, Boucher had us running nothing. For 7 straight games we went up the left wall, passed it to Tavares, who turned it over 90% of the time.

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Just compare Tavares to Tkachuk or Kreider infront of the net

Reinhart vs Marner?(he might be too scared to go) in the slot

Rielly vs Forsling or Fox at the point

All of those are awful yes, but Matthews and nylander couldn’t get even 1 for us

Matthews isn’t much of a dual threat. Take his shot away and he’s useless for most of the time. This gets compounded when he is passing mostly to Tavares, marner, or Rielly.

Nylander is the only true dual threat but he can’t be our only one. In an ideal situation you’d have 3 dual threats and 1 great puck mover with a shot and a net front guy who can pass.

also, Boucher had us running nothing. For 7 straight games we went up the left wall, passed it to Tavares, who turned it over 90% of the time.

Matthews is not a dual threat because who is he going to pass the puck to that could shoot the puck? It's either Nylander or Tavares...and chances are the defenders are leaning on them because Marner and Rielly have weak shots. With Tavares standing in front of the net, he's really not a primary shooting option (more so for screening goalies, rebounds or tips), so you essentially only have Nylander and Matthews as your main shooters...are they just going to pass the puck to each other? lol...if Marner had a good shot and Rielly a dangerous one-timer at the point, then it's a much harder powerplay to neutralize.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
This series could have been over in four.
Yeah.

Rangers are a great team and there is still a path to victory for them but they are getting seriously outplayed at this point and while that's not the first time that's happened the degree to which Florida is controlling things is quite concerning for them.

Reactions: Nineteen67

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

100% this. Keefe couldn't figure it out though. Imagine being paid millions and not being able to figure out basic issues like this

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah.

Rangers are a great team and there is still a path to victory for them but they are getting seriously outplayed at this point and while that's not the first time that's happened the degree to which Florida is controlling things is quite concerning for them.
Shesterkin has been great, to the point Florida can’t afford a bad period or even couple of bad shifts late in the game. The Rangers do seem to be able to get in the way at the right time, though.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Zibanejad was HORRIBLE last night. I can see why Rangers fans are annoyed by him.
He had one or two noticeable shifts, but even on those he was easily checked off the puck. But that’s what Florida does which makes them so good.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Imagine celebrating this hard for a third-rate tournament played by secondary and tertiary players when the real superstars still compete for the authentic prize. International hockey is garbage anyways.

Third rate?

Imagine being salty because Canada failed to win a medal in a third-rate tournament!

It would be stranger if he didn't celebrate gold and WC. At home!! But yeah, you're puzzled...

I can only imagine how salty one can be posting "I'm so puzzled why Pasta is celebrating WC win in Prague" :DD:DD

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Apparently hockey is huge in Czech Republic. I had no clue and Pasta is a rockstar :laugh:

Ruzicka, Jagr and Hasek returning with gold medals (Nagano 1998). It should be clear, from their headwear, that they started celebrating on their way from Japan (celebrations moved to the town square you saw in Pasta's videos).

Hockey and beer. Winning a medal in any hockey tournament is heavily celebrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad