Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Really shocked at how much Florida has struggled after such a dominant game 1 performance. I really thought they were going to rout the Rangers.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Another club that understands President and GM should be one position. Good on them for not being stupid like MLSE

Yes like when Brian Burke was President/GM or John Ferguson Jr. being VP and GM or Nonis.

Leaf PO record with these 3 clowns - 10 years - 1 PO appearance
Leaf PO record with Shanahan - 10 years - 8 PO appearances

yes yes I know only 1 year they got past Round 1 but still, your idea that President/GM being 1 person leads to success is just not accurate. Having a real goalie would have everyone whistling a different tune. Too simplistic for all the big brain GM's here at HFBoards but so very f***in' true

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
They cannot afford both of them. I mean they can but that contract will paralyze their team.
That Nurse contact already has some major idiot out.

They'll buyout bunch of players, add few draft picks but they'll try to keep them both

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Really shocked at how much Florida has struggled after such a dominant game 1 performance. I really thought they were going to rout the Rangers.
The Rangers are excellent on the counterattack and that can catch a forechecking team like Florida off-guard.

They are as well-coached as any team in hockey and they play to their strengths. They won't get in a footrace because they aren't fast enough to do so but boy do they make you pay when you f*** up. That and an absolute unit of a goaltender and clutch production from their depth forwards.

They are a great team. They are the antithesis of an analytics team and that is exactly why I want them to win the whole thing.

EDIT: MY PHONE JUST AUTOCOMPLETED "RUBARB" IN PLACE OF THING ARE YOU FOR FREAKING REAL WITH THIS SHIT

• Haha
Reactions: D Wakaluk

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
they should cut the regular season down by two months; play around 60 games; so that the playoffs finish mid april and every year the world championships is truly best on best. do a joint venture between nhl and iihf and have the hosting alternate between europe and north america.

Reactions: OddyOh and HolyCrap

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes like when Brian Burke was President/GM or John Ferguson Jr. being VP and GM or Nonis.

Leaf PO record with these 3 clowns - 10 years - 1 PO appearance
Leaf PO record with Shanahan - 10 years - 8 PO appearances

yes yes I know only 1 year they got past Round 1 but still, your idea that President/GM being 1 person leads to success is just not accurate. Having a real goalie would have everyone whistling a different tune. Too simplistic for all the big brain GM's here at HFBoards but so very f***in' true

Not our problem TPP hired dopes.. JFJ wanted to rebuild and was told no. Burke wanted a truculant team and didnt fire his run and gun coach Wilson.. Nonis was a potato.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
LOL, Miller pushes Shersterkin's skate off the post just in time for Bennett to shove it in.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Not our problem TPP hired dopes.. JFJ wanted to rebuild and was told no. Burke wanted a truculant team and didnt fire his run and gun coach Wilson.. Nonis was a potato.
regardless, your point that the GM and President should be 1 position is poorly made and has no basis in reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad