Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Early it looked like the WCs would come out of the Metro. Not today:

1705670120634.png

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I read in some article the other day that Lafferty&Kerfoot between them have more points than Domi&Bertuzzi. I just looked it up, and it's true. Not only that, as of today, Lafferty has the same number of points as Bertuzzi, Geez Louise.
Bert needs to make it up in the playoffs, especially if he wants to get that next contract. Geez, you think he would have learned this from watching Nylander take Tre and Shanny to the woodshed.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was listening to Brian Lawton yesterday and he said Rutherford is the one guy who asks everyone about their honest opinion about his teams.

I don't think that is unusual.

What would be unusual is if he actually wanted to both listen and hear what was said.

From history, "We don't consider it being a yes-man. We consider it being pro-company."

Good for him if he puts analysis before emotional ego reaction.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I don't think that is unusual.

What would be unusual is if he actually wanted to both listen and hear what was said.

From history, "We don't consider it being a yes-man. We consider it being pro-company."

Good for him if he puts analysis before emotional ego reaction.
Yes. Lawton was saying that Rutherford asks for honesty and truly wants to get a feel from everyone that he knows about his team.

Lawton when on to say that when he had major decisions as a rookie GM he reached out to Burke and Lou. Said he respected that they called him right back.

This is a great story:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bert needs to make it up in the playoffs, especially if he wants to get that next contract. Geez, you think he would have learned this from watching Nylander take Tre and Shanny to the woodshed.
If Bert lights it up in the playoffs the Leafs won’t have ghe money to tesign him. Book it……..

Reactions: ToneDog

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Given the raises to Matty and Willie and the cap increase, Tre needs to cut $2m in salary just to bring back the same cast.

I for one, hope his intention is not to just leave this team together.

Brodie, Bertuzzi and Domi: 13.5mm out

Giordano out - Niemela in - wash

3 ELC/minimum contracts in from owned prospects

1 defender for Brodie's money.

Woll isn't getting more than Samsonov.

There are always back-ups available as free agents or on waivers.

Reactions: ToneDog

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I for one, hope his intention is not to just leave this team together.

Brodie, Bertuzzi and Domi: 13.5mm out

Giordano out - Niemela in - wash

3 ELC/minimum contracts in from owned prospects

1 defender for Brodie's money.

Woll isn't getting more than Samsonov.

There are always back-ups available as free agents or on waivers.
Klingberg's money is also out.

They should have a little flexability

horner

May 22, 2007
On Kipper and Bourne they had on a Vancouver reporter and he was talking about the incredible turn around from this time last yr to now and he thinks the top players were embarrassed by the tire fire last yr that they were ready for a change like Rick Tocchet.

I don't think this could happen to out core because if they haven't been embarrassed by there playoff failure nothing will.

I still believe we need a change in coaching .
Treliving meeds to make some tough decisions this summer .
JT if his play continues to regress for the rest of the season maybe a Buyout

Marner if he dosnt bring his game to another level in the playoffs then trade or he may just want to leave. Will get pennies on the dollar unless we retain 2 mill.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Florida wins 8 in a row, and now looks like they will lose 4 in a row unless they can come back against the Wild. Strange season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad