Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Teams changed and adapted to make themselves better, instead of standing pat. There is no need to micro analyze if our situation is EXACTLY the same... no two teams situations are ever EXACTLY the same. I mean, Tampa changed 5 of 6 D, and somehow that is only changing their "depth defenseman?"

In the end, they are comparables of teams that changed directions, by whatever means necessary, and went from out of the playoffs, to winning the Cup. It happens, and no, the details are never EXACTLY the same.
Are we no longer comparing the Leafs to the Capitals? That was everyone's favourite fall-back for a while.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Are we no longer comparing the Leafs to the Capitals? That was everyone's favourite fall-back for a while.

They are another example of teams that made changes.... I think I even mentioned Ovechkin in the post before this one....

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Of course, any team that won made changes to get there. To be fair, the Leafs have made dozens and dozens of changes.
1705597196525.png

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Teams changed and adapted to make themselves better, instead of standing pat. There is no need to micro analyze if our situation is EXACTLY the same... no two teams situations are ever EXACTLY the same.
It's not about them being EXACTLY the same. It's that they're completely different, and actually largely support doing the exact opposite of your suggestion. These are teams changing around depth players and/or adding superstars, including to the detriment of depth, and then eventually winning on the backs of their superstars and/or completely unrelated choices/occurrences than the ones being highlighted. These examples do not support us moving our best players, much less for lesser pieces. In fact, these teams very specifically did not move their best players, even in moments of much greater turmoil.

No team "stands pat". Things are always changing. And doing things that make us worse wouldn't be better than doing nothing at all anyway.
Heck, we're all currently paying for the last big change that this board advocated for.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Are they going to sign a coach that Treliving should be recruiting?

Tre needs to strike while it's hot...what's he waiting for? My goodness...there's a Stanley Cup winning coaching in Berube and he's still holding onto Keefe.

Reactions: ULF_55

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Lightning and Caps up 3-1. They win and they'd push the Leafs out of a WC spot (depending on how our game goes).

Not surprising...1 out of 8 points in the last 4 games will do that...not like they were in first place ahead of Bruins and Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad