Around the league part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah that is gonna inflate the f*** out of roy's contract, let him walk

on no planet is durzi actually worth $6M but they need cornerstone guys locked down, and that owner is not gonna allow them to be the basement team they have been

Reactions: funky

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Awesome for Durzi. Such a likeable player.

Blake dumped a 4x6 contract guy with character. Say what you want about him and his fit on this team, the asset management is horrendous and it's another example of why Blake and Company should be unemployed.
I’m glad Blake dumped him. There’s no way I’d wanna pay that guy 6 million a year for letting pucks through to the net. His first year he was good. His second year he did not have the same Moxie.

We’re gonna have enough trouble with Clarke out on the ice. There’s no room for two defenseman on the team with that poor of defensive metrics.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I’m glad Blake dumped him. There’s no way I’d wanna pay that guy 6 million a year for letting pucks through to the net. His first year he was good. His second year he did not have the same Moxie.

We’re gonna have enough trouble with Clarke out on the ice. There’s no room for two defenseman on the team with that poor of defensive metrics.
Durzi was actually much, much more responsible last season...he improved by a good chunk. happy to see him still developing. i think clarke will be fine with protected minutes, hes needs to fill out more and get some games under his belt before he's fully ready to eat Roy kinda minutes. once he does though, watch the F out

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings had to move Durzi for Spence and Clarke - the problem is they could have received a better return than one year of PLD.

PLD cost the team AI, Kupari, Vilardi and a 2nd rounder which was from the Durzi trade.

We needed to dump AI’s salary and Kupari is a bust. So it’s basically Durzi and Vilardi for PLD and then flipped for Kuemper.

Blake can try and clean this up by signing a few free agents to multi year deals. Most Kings fans may look past this if he can lock up some scoring forwards.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1. Durzi is absolutely worth 6 million, you just have to had paid attention to how he was used and played after he left here

2. 4 years at that ain’t bad at all

3. Some of you are gonna shit your pants at the money handed out tomorrow. GMs finally have some breathing room and you know they can’t help themselves. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a Roy 6x7.5

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
My guesses for tomorrow.
Roy sign with Ottawa, 6yrs x $6M.
RV, 4 yrs x $4M with SJ.
Lizzo, 1yr x $1M with the Kraken, or a contract with Eisbaren in the DEL.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
1. Durzi is absolutely worth 6 million, you just have to had paid attention to how he was used and played after he left here

2. 4 years at that ain’t bad at all

3. Some of you are gonna shit your pants at the money handed out tomorrow. GMs finally have some breathing room and you know they can’t help themselves. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a Roy 6x7.5
That’s my guess for Roy too although the extra year would not shock.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Durzi was actually much, much more responsible last season...he improved by a good chunk. happy to see him still developing. i think clarke will be fine with protected minutes, hes needs to fill out more and get some games under his belt before he's fully ready to eat Roy kinda minutes. once he does though, watch the F out
We know Drew will suck up 24 to 25 mins a game. That leave 35ish to split between Clark and Spence. I’m wondering if that’s why Blake brought in Burroughs to help on the penalty kill as he plays both sides. If he’s your bottom left Dman, he can jump into the right slot on the penalty kill.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023

My take on durzi was he is not an nhl caliber defenseman. Shows what proper player utilization can do

Reactions: tigermask48

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Durzi... 4 x $6mill

shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Damn Roy is gonna get big time paid, good for him I guess. Blake could have really cleaned up @ the trade deadline by moving him. Once again questionable asset management by the front office. BLuc are not on the pulse of everything like DL was, they miss a lot.

Too much for Durzi IMO.

Reactions: funky

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
My guesses for tomorrow.
Roy sign with Ottawa, 6yrs x $6M.
RV, 4 yrs x $4M with SJ.
Lizzo, 1yr x $1M with the Kraken, or a contract with Eisbaren in the DEL.
Rumor is the Oilers have been sniffing around Arvidsson. If he stays healthy he'll be a f***ing nightmare playing with Draisatl against us next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00