Around the league part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Averaging out Reinhart's salary to $8.625 million annually, he owes $3.15 million in taxes in Florida. He would pay $1.1 million more in California, $1.5 million more in New York and $1.4 million more in Toronto, according to a calculator provided publicly by Cardinal Point Athlete Advisors.

Over the length of the contract that could save him up to $12 million.
It's definitely a factor that a handful don't consider. It sucks for the Kings. Also combine it with the current team's status. It's not a top spot for FAs.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
No strengths, no weaknesses. If he wears a white jersey on the ice you may not realize he is there. You should definitely get his jersey, though. His name fills up space on the back nicely. Good effort, no results.

Good luck to him in the ‘Peg.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No strengths, no weaknesses. If he wears a white jersey on the ice you may not realize he is there. You should definitely get his jersey, though. His name fills up space on the back nicely. Good effort, no results.

Good luck to him in the ‘Peg.

Winnipeg already has Jonsson-Fjällby. Jonsson-Fjällby to Anderson-Dolan he shoots and its out of play.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Winnipeg already has Jonsson-Fjällby. Jonsson-Fjällby to Anderson-Dolan he shoots and its out of play.
I did at one point have a half hearted hope that the Kings would collect all of the players named Anderson or Andersson and rebrand as the Los Andersons.

Josh Anderson-Lias Andersson-Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Mikey Anderson-Rasmus Andersson
Fredrick Andersen

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Jaret Anderson-Dolan signed with WInnipeg today and was seeking opinions on him?

What are his strengths?
What are his weaknesses?
Above average speed. Hard worker. Showed some promise and scoring touch a couple of years ago but couldn't build on it. Didn't get much of a shot with the Kings, played minimal minutes without being a liability but didn't stand out in any way when given an opportunity. Just a guy, if you need one of those he is one. Could be more one day, who knows.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's truly amazing how horribly bad some NHL teams are from a FO standpoint. These same guys keep getting recycled back into the same jobs too. GMs, HCs, etc. Rinse & repeat.

I think hockey may be the one sport where the delusional fan ("I can do better") may actually be correct.

There are plenty of examples of models that drafted better than actual NHL teams and predict/build through FA signings better than the teams have done even in review five years later

Hockey is abstract and tough to measure but many of the measurables ARE clear and gool ol' boys just dont care to see it through their egos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad