The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
guess we will see but I have a hard time placing Edmonton's D even in the top 10 league wide.

I disagree with the title of the thread too, I mean if u take McDavid away where does this team place? they even make playoffs?

except their lineup was ALOT stronger overall. you take Barkov or Tkachuk away they likely still make the playoffs. take McDavid away and I dunno its not impossible to make it but I dunno if they make it

Of course the Oilers would be worse if you take away the best player the NHL has seen in 30 years and not replace him with anyone...what kind of argument is that?

But what that argument doesn't account for is the 12.5 million in cap space the Oilers could then use on multiple players to strengthen what is an already deep lineup even without McDavid. Draisaitl would still be there as the number #1 Center...or are you taking him out and not replacing him and not allowing the Oilers to use his 8.5 million dollars as well?

Haters gonna hate, simple as that.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I see Leafs fans have transitioned from hypothetical series wins to hypothetical sweeps. Anything to keep the fandom going I guess.
also I dont care about the Leafs or if they ever make the playoffs again. but if a team goes down 3-0 they did in fact almost get swept. but was incredible to see the come back and made the cup final very interesting. I didnt care who won. Im not a fan of FLA or EDM

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
all winning teams need to get hot at the right time though. u get hot at the right time even a subpar team can get the job done. I wouldnt sit here and say, YES Edmonton is perfect. the truth is they have weaknesses and are far from the best team in the league.
I think they need alot of luck to get there again. they could easily lose at anytime to any team. they are far from flawless but they are a good team and have a chance. still dont think they have the best lineup in the league though

well am I wrong?
Yes. Cause the series ended in 7 games. And the 3-0 lead was always a mirage if you knew anything about hockey.

also I dont care about the Leafs or if they ever make the playoffs again. but if a team goes down 3-0 they did in fact almost get swept. but was incredible to see the come back and made the cup final very interesting. I didnt care who won. Im not a fan of FLA or EDM
Lol. Lies. If the Leaf’s missed the playoffs this year (possible) you’d hate it.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Of course the Oilers would be worse if you take away the best player the NHL has seen in 30 years and not replace him with anyone...what kind of argument is that?

But what that argument doesn't account for is the 12.5 million in cap space the Oilers could then use on multiple players to strengthen what is an already deep lineup even without McDavid. Draisaitl would still be there as the number #1 Center...or are you taking him out and not replacing him and not allowing the Oilers to use his 8.5 million dollars as well?

Haters gonna hate, simple as that.
well Im not talking about replacing Floridas players with anyone either. McDavid makes that team, u take him away are they even a top 10 team? so how are they the best if they likely dont even make playoffs without him? now if u took McDavid away and they STILL are likely a fav then sure

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
They were also 2 goals from winning the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Kerberos

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yeah adding soft one dimensional Jeff Skinner and often injured Arvidsson doesn’t really do much for them. I mean I guess Mcdavid can carry them to the finals and then no show the important games at best.
Is that what was said about barkov, rhino, and Tkachuk last year?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yes. Cause the series ended in 7 games. And the 3-0 lead was always a mirage if you knew anything about hockey.

Lol. Lies. If the Leaf’s missed the playoffs this year (possible) you’d hate it.
it wasnt a mirage Edmonton really did go down 3-0. if they lost one more that would have been a sweep so they kinda did some close to being swept. I dunno how you are even arguing against this lol

I really dont care, I cheer for the leafs to lose if it means my fantasy team can win. Im done with the Matthews era

They were also 2 goals from winning the Stanley Cup.
your not wrong. they almost won it all. that come back was incredible. but they did almost get swept

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
all winning teams need to get hot at the right time though. u get hot at the right time even a subpar team can get the job done. I wouldnt sit here and say, YES Edmonton is perfect. the truth is they have weaknesses and are far from the best team in the league.
I think they need alot of luck to get there again. they could easily lose at anytime to any team. they are far from flawless but they are a good team and have a chance. still dont think they have the best lineup in the league though

well am I wrong?
Of course you need a lot to go right, look no further than Vegas last year.

For all we know maybe Columbus wins it all next year.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
never talked about goaltending, I thought Skinner was great and I feel Edmonton got hot at the right time and had some puck luck as well. not taking away from the run they went on, they did amazing. but still their D looks underwhelming. doesnt matter how they did last year. can they do it again? are you that confident they can get there again?

well like I said, you take Barkov or Tkachuk away I think Florida still made it but if u took McDavid away I dunno if they do.
never talked about Florida replacing him. just saying in general.

ill give u the same answer

well like I said, you take Barkov or Tkachuk away I think Florida still made it but if u took McDavid away I dunno if they do.
never talked about Florida replacing him. just saying in general.
Take out Barkov, Bennett will take the Panthers to the promised land lol. The Panther would miss the playoffs too

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
it wasnt a mirage Edmonton really did go down 3-0. if they lost one more that would have been a sweep so they kinda did some close to being swept. I dunno how you are even arguing against this lol

I really dont care, I cheer for the leafs to lose if it means my fantasy team can win. Im done with the Matthews era

your not wrong. they almost won it all. that come back was incredible. but they did almost get swept
It was a mirage cause the Oilers outplayed them and anyone that knows hockey knew the series was much closer than 3-0 lead.

Done with Matthews era? Could have told you it was going no where years ago and saved you the heartache. Unfortunately again, you don’t know hockey though.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
would they though? prob still finish above MTL, OTT, DET, BUF and battle for a wild card. besides I said Barkov or Tkachuk not one of them + another.
Without Barkov, Florida would be in the mix of MTL, OTT, DET, BUF. That just shows you what a superstar can do to a team

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
It was a mirage cause the Oilers outplayed them and anyone that knows hockey knew the series was much closer than 3-0 lead.

Done with Matthews era? Could have told you it was going no where years ago and saved you the heartache. Unfortunately again, you don’t know hockey though.
outplayed them but still lost. not a mirage a loss is a loss. ive been pretty much done caring about the leafs since they lost to MTL. I'm a hockey fan and leafs will always be my team, Ill defend them but I dont give a shit about them. they can miss playoffs I dont care
whats there to care about? same shit bigger pile year after year

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
well Im not talking about replacing Floridas players with anyone either. McDavid makes that team, u take him away are they even a top 10 team? so how are they the best if they likely dont even make playoffs without him? now if u took McDavid away and they STILL are likely a fav then sure
Tbh I think they’re still top 10 without McDavid, Draisaitl would slot in fine in his place and they’d grab a decent 3C and do just fine

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Without Barkov, Florida would be in the mix of MTL, OTT, DET, BUF. That just shows you what a superstar can do to a team
likely above them and battling for a wild card spot though, now remove McDavid and are they likely arent even in the running for a wildcard spot. so really do they have the best forward group in the league? because I dunno.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
outplayed them but still lost. not a mirage a loss is a loss. ive been pretty much done caring about the leafs since they lost to MTL. I'm a hockey fan and leafs will always be my team, Ill defend them but I dont give a shit about them. they can miss playoffs I dont care
whats there to care about? same shit bigger pile year after year
7 games series is what it was. Who the f*** talks about less than HALF of a series to make a hockey take. It’s irrelevant and is only said so you can dish out some salt.

Sorry to hear about your leaf fandom. I tried warning you years ago that Matthews was a fraud. If only leaf’s fan would have listened as I tried to help y’all out.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Tbh I think they’re still top 10 without McDavid, Draisaitl would slot in fine in his place and they’d grab a decent 3C and do just fine
u could be right I dunno. McDavid does so much damage and makes the rest of the team so much better. I would just expect the team with the best forward lineup in the league to look stronger then they currently do without McDavid.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I love what they’ve done so far. Just one request.

How about a defenseman? Just to appease those of us who are going to watch this spectacle again? McDrai needed some depth around them, well done. I felt they needed two or three better dmen so I was hoping the splurge would bring at least one….

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I mean, Draisatl DID win MVP the year McDavid missed some time.
yeah but hes kind of a one man army out there without McDavid.
its possible if Hyman doesnt regress without McDavid or if RNH can get back to how he was a couple years ago.

Bob stole game 1.

The Oilers sucked in game 2.

Game 3 was kinda even but the Panthers came out on top. Almost as if they're a really good team, huh.
dont need to get mad at it, I know I watched but still going down 3-0 was almost a sweep. and lets just say it was a sweep and they lost game 4. Id prob be saying it was closer than the score shows. not trying to take away from what they did. was amazing to watch and I even wanted them to win.

still dont think they have the best forward group in the league. Edmonton has a good one just dont think they are the best. thread say no doubt they do well I disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad