Around the league part 2

bland

Jul 1, 2004

These are great numbers for the NHL.

Almost 8M USA viewers when only one USA team was in the finals is great. And that USA team was a non traditional market.

It's storylines that sell the game.
Saw an Edmonton fan (shockingly) complaining about the officiating by saying "imagine having a world wide audience tuning in to see the greatest player in the world constantly hooked and slashed".

I see it as a record audience tuning in to see "the greatest player in the world" lay an egg in the most important game of his career.

This is a team sport, always has been, always will be. It's a testament to McDavid's ability that he could take an average team that far. Hopefully he will get calls from Mr.'s Sakic and Yzerman this summer with some sage advice on learning how to go from being a star to being a winner. It would be a boon to the league for it's talisman to lift the Cup.

Reactions: tigermask48

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Saw an Edmonton fan (shockingly) complaining about the officiating by saying "imagine having a world wide audience tuning in to see the greatest player in the world constantly hooked and slashed".

I see it as a record audience tuning in to see "the greatest player in the world" lay an egg in the most important game of his career.

This is a team sport, always has been, always will be. It's a testament to McDavid's ability that he could take an average team that far. Hopefully he will get calls from Mr.'s Sakic and Yzerman this summer with some sage advice on learning how to go from being a star to being a winner. It would be a boon to the league for it's talisman to lift the Cup.
I think there was plenty of things the refs could've called but didn't. They don't want to call a penalty in that situation and the Panthers took advantage of it.

It was a coinflip game.

I thought McDavid played well.

99th game of the grueling season. 26 min TOI. Desperately trying get that last goal. None of the other big name players are doing diddly poo (Bouchard, Drai, Hyman, RNH). Tough tough situation.

The reason Sakic and Yzmeran have cups isn't because they're "winners" its because they played on better teams.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

This is a team sport, always has been, always will be. It's a testament to McDavid's ability that he could take an average team that far. Hopefully he will get calls from Mr.'s Sakic and Yzerman this summer with some sage advice on learning how to go from being a star to being a winner. It would be a boon to the league for its talisman to lift the Cup.
I really wish those people would just be honest and openly admit they want superstar rules implemented in the NHL. I mean it’s worked for the NBA hasn’t it?

These people unironically believe the fact that McDavid hasn’t won a Cup is an indictment of the evil old Hockey Men that run the league instead of himself or his team.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think there was plenty of things the refs could've called but didn't. They don't want to call a penalty in that situation and the Panthers took advantage of it.

It was a coinflip game.

I thought McDavid played well.

99th game of the grueling season. 26 min TOI. Desperately trying get that last goal. None of the other big name players are doing diddly poo (Bouchard, Drai, Hyman, RNH). Tough tough situation.

The reason Sakic and Yzmeran have cups isn't because they're "winners" its because they played on better teams.
Nonsense.

I can't fathom how SO many people simply do not understand how winning is a skill in and of itself.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Divesaitl was allegedly playing with a broken finger and rib, kind of hard to be effective with injuries like that. It definitely tracks with how he was trying to injure Barkov, dude knew he couldn't produce so he started taking dirty measures.

Big tough power forward

Always has a f***ing hangnail nullifying his effectiveness

pick one

health is a skill and Draisaitl is a giant f***ing p***y

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i know that joshua does more things, but locking down a 28 year old who just decided to start shooting >20% seems like a recipe for a quick fall back down to earth

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
449115696_996517391932011_2620868453883755619_n.jpg

:laugh:

Dude in the middle has 4 arms while the guy to the left of him has an amputated left arm.

And it looks like the 2 guys on the right side of the frame is sitting in another dude's lap.

Well one, AI. Well done.
:clap:

Reactions: Mattias

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Anyone else think it's real dumb that the Blackhawks aren't going to take Demidov at #2??

Levshunov could be a pretty good player don't get me wrong but Demidov is going to be ELITE. He'd also be the perfect guy to stick on Bedard's wing for the next 10+ years - Those two would be a problem together in 3-4 years.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Anyone else think it's real dumb that the Blackhawks aren't going to take Demidov at #2??

Levshunov could be a pretty good player don't get me wrong but Demidov is going to be ELITE. He'd also be the perfect guy to stick on Bedard's wing for the next 10+ years - Those two would be a problem together in 3-4 years.
maybe something about the prospect interview process changed Chicago's mind?

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad