2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Yeah not a horrible pick, was Oshawa’s best defender in the OHL playoffs. He blocks everything. A better puck handler than Elick as well and plays physical
One thing about drafts, you are projecting them as men. At 6ft 2 and 200lbs people are like what? RHD?

I wonder who would’ve had to be there for the leafs to keep the 23rd pick.
Hage.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I think they were waiting on Eiserman, and when he was off the board, they dropped back. I think they wanted Emery as well, and were hoping to drop back when the Rangers took him, but had no takers that allowed them to get Danford, so they just took their guy.

Fine with it. Like the pick more, the more I read and watch.

Reactions: arso40

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
People complain about trading picks away, and then complain we trade down to get more picks. Quite fine with Toronto trading down to collect a 2nd as a asset. Either use it as currency in a trade tomorrow or add to the prospect pool,.

I trust Wes Clark, looks like he's hit on Cowan, Knies, Minten.

Reactions: The Podium

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
People complain about trading picks away, and then complain we trade down to get more picks. Quite fine with Toronto trading down to collect a 2nd as a asset. Either use it as currency in a trade tomorrow or add to the prospect pool,.

I trust Wes Clark, looks like he's hit on Cowan, Knies, Minten.

Doing both is dumb, either pay up for impact roster players with term and forget the draft or keep your picks and take the highest impact prospect on the board. Renting a 6D for 3 months and trading down to your plan C choice at the draft to balance it out is a recipe for staying mediocre.

Reactions: Al14 and arso40

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Doing both is dumb, either pay up for impact roster players with term and forget the draft or keep your picks and take the highest impact prospect on the board. Renting a 6D for 3 months and trading down to your plan C choice at the draft to balance it out is a recipe for staying mediocre.

For a start how do you know Danforth was there plan C? Perhaps they just like him and wanted him more than the other guys in that range but knew they could traded down and still "get there guy"

People look at these scouting services rankings and think there gospel, they aren't different people value different traits and player types

The kids ɓig, physical, strong skater, his fancy stats look great, he elevated his game in the playoffs and his offense came on as the season progressed apparently

That doesn't look like a bad player type to me, I'd rather have that than the high IQ, 6 foot and under guys with meh skating we seemed to be favoring

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Tampere
Man do I hope for Kiviharju now. Its gonna be a steal for anyone who picks him. He's ceiling is so much higher than for example Hemming. I do like our pick, but dont know much about him. 2-3 games I watched him last year

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
From what Tre said, it sounded like Danford likely would have been there pick at 23 anyways so might as well move down and grab some extra draft capital.

who are some good targets to go after?

would be nice to add another center to the pipeline

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Is this suppose to be less impressive than Danford? Because it isn't..

never said it wasn't but it provides a good picture of why we passed on Solberg. Not the greatest skater, makes quite a bit of puck handling mistakes, out of position for hits. Not saying he's a bad player, but if we are looking for quality defenseman who prioritize playing d properly, Solberg isn't exactly that.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Man do I hope for Kiviharju now. It’s gonna be a steal for anyone who picks him. He's ceiling is so much higher than for example Hemming. I do like our pick, but dont know much about him. 2-3 games I watched him last year
I swear my season ticket holding family members in Oshawa , don’t know much about him either. Which is a good thing I guess for a low event dman.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
You do realize you're supposed to have A-Z choices and navigate the draft board accordingly to adapt in real time.

You have proven to just be a complete hater. When i see this username on a post I know a bunch of trash is about to follow. You know nothing about these prospects to make such a claim about our pick. Danford could end up better than whoever was our A choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad