Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Stolarz is probably my top goalie choice.. but I’m scared about what Trev might give him
Not a bad one, but I still think Driedger will be the best of the lot.
Should get the answer today.
I’m predicting one D, one G.
My dream is Lindholm, Roy and Driedger, but no money right now for all three so my truncated dream is Lindholm and Driedger.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Treliving knows OEL very well from his Arizona days, he was AGM when they drafted him, and they likely see someone that can keep rebuilding his rep back to being a really good defenseman.

That's wishful thinking at best though. I do understand the appeal but he wasn't playing very much in the playoffs. This team needs more skating and puck skill.... but this seems like they are desperate.

4 million per is very steep.
From a skillset perspective, if we were to keep Liljegren, OEL is a good partner for him.
One of Timmy's shortcomings is he panics with the puck and throws it over to his D partner quite alot. I think he needs to play with someone that is very comfortable with having the puck on his stick and helping in the puck moving responsibility. For instance, I don't think Benoit and Liljegren would make a good pairing because it would force Benoit to have the puck more than you'd like.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Since the Domi signing things have deteriorated fast around this team. Tanev still not signed, Robertson demanding a trade, Bertuzzi gone (would not sign him for what the Blackhawks are paying him though), OEL the only defenseman connected to us.

I could’ve kind of accepted running this core back if we made serious defence improvements. Tanev and OEL is not f***ing enough.

Reactions: Al14

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
4 million per is very steep.
From a skillset perspective, if we were to keep Liljegren, OEL is a good partner for him.
One of Timmy's shortcomings is he panics with the puck and throws it over to his D partner quite alot. I think he needs to play with someone that is very confortable with having the puck on his stick and helping in the puck moving responsibility. For instance, I don't think Benoit and Liljegren would make a good pairing because it would force Benoit to have the puck more than you'd like.

It makes no sense and I'd be very surprised if that was his price when he does sign.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I'm not against Duchene. A fast playmaker who can play on the rush in-between Robertson and Nylander would be electric. But now I'm unsure about Robertson.

Knies--Matthews--Domi
Robertson-Duchene-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Marner
Interesting one.
We could definitely use a burner or two. The old PK was so much more dangerous with Mik and Engvall.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
One of the most concerning parts about this off-season so far is the lack of interest players have playing in Toronto. A little worrisome tbh. We all want Skjei, Montour, Roy, etc but by the sounds of it, none of those players have any interest in coming here whatsoever.
They see a clown like Marner making the team a circus and they have no interest in joining the clown show

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Why not wait to see what actually happens before getting mad. Friedman said it's a reasonable possibility its 3x4. We don't know if Tre agrees with him, jeez.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Not impossible but that seems unlikely without any other moves.

I'm thinking it's going to be

1. Tanev,
2. Either a top 4 D or good 3C. Maybe Henrique or Dillon tier rather then Montour or Pesce tier.
3. Stolarz/Cheap goalie

When I look at the cap, that extra 500 k- 1 m overpayment to Liljegren really hurts a lot.
Woll doesn't help being overpaid at least 2 million based on 36 games over 3 years. He should have gotten 1.5 to 2 mil.

Reactions: supermann_98

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If they're targeting Oliver Ekman-Larsson, you might as well pick up his D partner Dmitry Kulikov as well, then dump Lily.

Rielly Tanev
Benoit McCabe
OEL Kulikov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad