Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
9 million is not all that horrible. Guentzal has been pretty consistent.

Plus in 7 years, who knows what the cap will be.

TB has had a soft reboot and done a pretty damn good job so far.

9 million in 7 years will likely be leas than 8% of the cap and Guentzal won't be horrible
Guentzel has almost always performed well in the playoffs as well.

Reactions: Jojalu

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yup Roy is American, no attachment to Canada. Don’t think it has anything to do with the Leafs specifically
Go figure there's a free agent class with multiple good D available and they're mostly f***ing American cucks who don't want to play in Canada. Matthews can't convince some of these guys? Just our damn luck

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
With respect to McCabe, he's best as 3rd pair or with a good RD on the 2nd.

That's 4 out of 6 D who are 3rd pair guys...

I'm not even sure that's good enough to make the playoffs.
OEL had a nice rebound in Florida but he was still 5th in ice time. If OEL comes here at 4 million, the leafs will have signed two non physical bottom pair d-men for 7 million within 72 hours. This is insane.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How are we also somehow getting softer than last year too.

Bertuzzi gone, Edmundson gone, Bush gone....and we getting OEL?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
None of this is too surprising. I was hoping for more but free agency hasn't even opened up yet.

Still could be plenty of trades.

This is what happens when the big boys tie up so much of the cap. Eventually with the cap going up it should work out much better but this year could be a bit of a down year until JTs cap is gone. It's just reality.

I hope some of our own young forwards from within the organization step up. A few guys definitely could.

Reactions: aingefan

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

This team is a joke lol. Treliving talks about the roster needing a lot of work and basically just runs back the same bullshit minus Bert/Brodie/Samsonov and +Tanev/OEL/StolarzBrossoitetc. Cool, we MIGHT get back to the second round this time!!!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Edmundson and Lyubushkin were rentals for 1/4 of the season. Lyubushkin could still be re-signed, I don't think there's much talks about him. Not sure I'd describe Bertuzzi as a tough and physical player, but he is greasy and fearless.

We need quality first and foremost. The team last year had some major depth scoring and the playoffs was a farce... Hits and fights didn't help win.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad