Around the league part 2

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was about to fight this guy in the mall today. My lunch almost came up. Also him?! He couldn’t afford Mcdavid?

View attachment 885292

I’m very glad you didnt, as he didn’t have the puck. If you would have gotten within 5 feet he would have thrown himself down the escalator and then slashed you when he got up and you had cuffs on

. For example there was a specific lizard that happened to be in California that only has like 2 people in the entire state licensed to survey it and those people are booked out so far in advance, and those projects get hold up until those results are in.

This made me laugh so f***ing hard. This f***ing LIZARD is ruining our forest defense

I’m all for environmental protections no doubt

But if you ever need an example of layers and layers of beaurocracy becoming super inefficient and working against itself

Not a political statement, just a general observation of government and organizations

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I thought Bob vs Skinner would be the difference in this series, but Bob has lost his swagger.

Maybe spend money on things that benefit actual taxpayers, like forest management. Other states find a way.

Also, only in California do you need an expert to tell you to get people out there to remove dead timber and brush.
They do clearings and all that. “Removing timber” sometimes needs approval especially in a lot of areas because they have to do “impact surveys” and see if there’s any birds nesting around. For example, she has to send out a couple of types of surveyors to see if it not only messes the ecosystem removing the trees but if there’s also any birds in the area. And on private properties you have the fire department that comes out every now and then to make sure you’re taking care of your property especially in a fire risk area.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of restrictions and the process is very rigorous because so much land altering down here is accompanied by so much research and surveying to minimize impact on the environment and local ecosystem/habitat.

For example, if there’s a stream anywhere close to where you’re working, good luck getting it approved in 6 months or less.

I’m very glad you didnt, as he didn’t have the puck. If you would have gotten within 5 feet he would have thrown himself down the escalator and then slashed you when he got up and you had cuffs on

This made me laugh so f***ing hard. This f***ing LIZARD is ruining our forest defense

I’m all for environmental protections no doubt

But if you ever need an example of layers and layers of beaurocracy becoming super inefficient and working against itself

Not a political statement, just a general observation of government and organizations
It’s funny cause it has. Imagine a group of 6 surveyors, all getting paid around 100 plus an hour, while paying their hotel rooms, and their food, for 2 weeks. Just to look for a f***ing blunt nosed lizard.

Californias biggest problem is that they work against themselves. They make everything heavily regulated, and make the process so f***ing rigorous and time consuming that any high risk area takes forever to get cleared up because the cost to check the impact, and all that shit, THEN getting it approved takes an eternity.

Reactions: Herby

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
For example, if there’s a stream anywhere close to where you’re working, good luck getting it approved in 6 months or less.
ooh yeah the "sediment runoff" excuse that ruined the rubicon trail up by tahoe, cause you know that dust disturbed by tires on that mountain singletrack is absolutely ruining the streams downhill on those monolithic granite slabs carved by glaciers sliding around in the ice ages

i was an especially big fan of the attempt to close the johnson valley OHV area because of the desert tortoises.. which don't get me wrong, are cool little shits, but yeah. think they tried to kill some solar project because of them too, seems like the go-to in the high desert

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
ooh yeah the "sediment runoff" excuse that ruined the rubicon trail up by tahoe, cause you know that dust disturbed by tires on that mountain singletrack is absolutely ruining the streams downhill on those monolithic granite slabs carved by glaciers sliding around in the ice ages

i was an especially big fan of the attempt to close the johnson valley OHV area because of the desert tortoises.. which don't get me wrong, are cool little shits, but yeah. think they tried to kill some solar project because of them too, seems like the go-to in the high desert
A lot of multi million dollar projects to even simple developments has been thwarted by tortoises, lizards, and birds that are mating in the area lol. A friend of mine had to get something as simple as a power pole fixed in an area and a transmission line fixed too, and there was like a stream about 3 feet wide and a few inches deep, they had to shut down the project and build a massive land bridge just so they can get a CAT across to the area that needed work lol. The project got delayed about 7 months because they had to get approval to build the land bridge to avoid the small little stream lol

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I guess the lesson here is when there’s no hockey we get to hear about how being careful with the environment is for p***yes.

California burns because there are trees and it’s dry. What a concept. The “real” reason is probably 100% political though, I’m sure.
If they would just make El Niño go away, California would be fine.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The distance both teams have to travel doesn't help. But I can't help but think this is intentionally done by design from the league. They must be generating more revenue this way, whether thru sports betting, hype, whatever...
Not sure why they think they needed an extra day to travel. In the Kings -Rangers series they played the 4th, 7th [Lakers playoffs added an extra day] , 9th, 11th, 13th. It's an extra hour of travel time in this series, that's all. The league missed a great opportunity to have a game 7 on Sunday night, competing against nothing.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Not sure why they think they needed an extra day to travel. In the Kings -Rangers series they played the 4th, 7th [Lakers playoffs added an extra day] , 9th, 11th, 13th. It's an extra hour of travel time in this series, that's all. The league missed a great opportunity to have a game 7 on Sunday night, competing against nothing.
NBA had the same thought. Game 7 was scheduled for Sunday night.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA

Hockey and environmental concerns meld together.
“Well, everyone but their rivals across the border, the Calgary Flames.”

Aside from the idiotic “Canada’s team” narrative, someone explain to me where the border is between Calgary and Edmonton.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Pretty brutal two years here if Edmonton wins with Vegas winning last year.

Kings Reverse Sweep becomes a bit of a fart in the wind except for the LA and SJ fanbases. The Kings pulling it off meant more since they went on to win the Cup but, man, it is a completely different thing to do it in the actual Final.

Kings "rivalry" with Edmonton aside, not sure how anyone here can root for them to win. The fan base that got Gretzky and now McDavid v. a fan base that has been around for thirty years now with really nothing much to talk about.

Plus, it would be fun to see San Jose still without a Cup while another early-90s expansion team wins one to join Tampa and Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad