Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Luckily for the Panthers, I know just the right kind of therapist for them!

ezgif-4-b70519c16c.jpg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The only time I've heard Tkachuk name is when he got a penalty in the 1st. Total no show. Barkov is carrying the entire team and it's not enough. Game 7 will be interesting for sure, FLA looks shell shocked.
And where's 54 goal Reinhardt and formerly clutch Verhagee..If any of those guys balls re-drop, its going to be tight in game 7

News flash: nurse is horrible
Nobody is wurse than nurse

Reactions: chris kontos

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
There’s nothing bizarre about saying it’s over when it’s 3-0. It has been over every time but 3 in the history of hockey.
Sure, except people were making claims that Florida was in a completely different league than Edmonton and that this was an uncompetitive Final on par with Tampa-Montreal. And it wasn’t just the clickbaity hockey YouTubers saying that, actual journalists and reporters were piling on. Anyone who watched the series knows Florida was fortunate to be up 3-0 in the first place.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Paul Maurice knows from his experiences in the finals. He has yet to win one.
Doesnt mean he's a bad finals coach. But if the reverse sweep is complete, he will never live it down. When it comes to a reverse sweep, you have ask - how much is on the players and how much on the coach. I'd say 50/50. I like he insert Lomborg - a seeminly insignificant 4th liner.. but he's got lizzotte intensity that I think could make a diff in game 7

Reactions: GameNight

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Oilers are your 2024 Cup champs. Panthers are roasted, done and done again. 3 straight turds. Once again the Oilers dominated right from puck drop and dictated the pace with Brown-Henrique-Janmark. Maurice will likely be fired within 72 hours of the biggest collapse in pro sports. Panthers top guys have been on vacation all series.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
It's going to be damn near July when the cup is finally raised, absolutely ridiculous
The distance both teams have to travel doesn't help. But I can't help but think this is intentionally done by design from the league. They must be generating more revenue this way, whether thru sports betting, hype, whatever...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Easily. f*** this shitty season with its no cloud having, sun blasting in your eyes, too hot to do anything during the day, wildfire infested ass. Only going to get worse too.
Wild fires happen every year in California. Maybe try some forest management.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wild fires happen every year in California. Maybe try some forest management.
Idk if you know this but it’s super expensive to do “forest management”. Theres so much that goes into it. You have to send out numerous experts to check out the land, habitat, and even archaeological experts to do anything. My wife has a pretty high up position in one of the biggest companies nationally and just to do a survey of the land before they could do anything ran up the project budget to 850k in a few days because the regulations in California are very very very rigorous on what you can do and the scientists sent out to check the land for a multitude of things cost a giant amount of money, then you have to get it approved which takes forever once you have all the data. For example there was a specific lizard that happened to be in California that only has like 2 people in the entire state licensed to survey it and those people are booked out so far in advance, and those projects get hold up until those results are in.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It's pretty crazy that greater LA/OC is one of the cooler spots in the whole USA. Good luck to all those folks who moved out of CA and into Texas, LV, AZ, the South, etc. Plus Mother Nature bringing tornado's, hurricane's, etc. We got our share of problems and dummies in charge, but i'll take socal long-term over any other place.
Im sure they'll console themselves when paying the rent/mortgage, filling the tank and doing their state tax returns (if any)... how can a state with such high gas, sales, income tax and huge amount of tourism (w rentacar and hotel taxes) be running a 50 bil deficit

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I thought Bob vs Skinner would be the difference in this series, but Bob has lost his swagger.

Idk if you know this but it’s super expensive to do “forest management”. Theres so much that goes into it. You have to send out numerous experts to check out the land, habitat, and even archaeological experts to do anything. My wife has a pretty high up position in one of the biggest companies nationally and just to do a survey of the land before they could do anything ran up the project budget to 850k in a few days because the regulations in California are very very very rigorous on what you can do and the scientists sent out to check the land for a multitude of things cost a giant amount of money, then you have to get it approved which takes forever once you have all the data. For example there was a specific lizard that happened to be in California that only has like 2 people in the entire state licensed to survey it and those people are booked out so far in advance, and those projects get hold up until those results are in.
Maybe spend money on things that benefit actual taxpayers, like forest management. Other states find a way.

Also, only in California do you need an expert to tell you to get people out there to remove dead timber and brush.

Reactions: Herby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad