Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Tonight’s result has next to zero impact on the Kings next season, never mind for the foreseeable future. Rob Blake has shot his wad when it comes to trying to match up with the Oilers.

If a player stands out tonight, they immediately become an overpayment target for management. Henrique might have already done enough to return to SoCal on a multi year deal that successfully blocks a player 10 years younger than him. And he slots nicely into the guys who see themselves as a top six center while blocking shots as a PK’er on the third or fourth line.

Warren Fugly could be a $2M x 3 yrs guy easily. His tandem with Trevor Lewis gives Jim Hiller an erection in the making. Or if that’s too rich, then Kyle Okposo would jump at the chance to play one or two more years in either LA or San Bernadino.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Pretty brutal two years here if Edmonton wins with Vegas winning last year.

Kings Reverse Sweep becomes a bit of a fart in the wind except for the LA and SJ fanbases. The Kings pulling it off meant more since they went on to win the Cup but, man, it is a completely different thing to do it in the actual Final.

Kings "rivalry" with Edmonton aside, not sure how anyone here can root for them to win. The fan base that got Gretzky and now McDavid v. a fan base that has been around for thirty years now with really nothing much to talk about.

Plus, it would be fun to see San Jose still without a Cup while another early-90s expansion team wins one to join Tampa and Anaheim.
Everything feels like it's pointing to an Edmonton victory tonight.

The 2014 LA Kings never get the respect they deserve anyways and never will regardless.

I would like to see Florida win, but I'd also like to see Mcdavid get one. I know Canadian fanbases can be insufferable, but that's because there's more of them. Their fans have been through plenty of suffering the last few decades.

If the Oilers win, I'll make sure to rub it in that Matthew Tkachuk was a no-show.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Just saw that Alanis Morissette is singing the national anthems. I get she has dual citizenship, but that's playing with fire.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I'm letting go of my hatred tonight and going to enjoy this historic game. There are amazing stories on both sides.

As much as he's pissed me off the last 3 years McDavid is the most committed and talented athlete in possibly all of sports right now.
Hopefully a good game one way or the other at least. Although I'd enjoy a Florida 5-0 win just as much.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Obviously gunning for FLA, but the Oilers have all the momentum right now. McDavid probably goes Super Saiyan 3 and dominates the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad