Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Two kids under two, signed in shitty columbus for his family, sister's wedding today. So sad.

His first year here in Calgary he spent a good chunk of time living in the hotel i worked at at the time. He was a little twat. Conceded and had no time for anyone. Really saw him grow to become a huge positive influence in the community. Being able to grow and develop is a huge skill that not a lot of people have (myself included).

Just feel awful for his family, and all those who he impacted.

Mindcircus

Sep 30, 2003
Santa Ana, CA
Life is precious indeed. I knew nothing about the rumors and woke up to the breaking news this morning. So sad and sick for their family. RIP and prayers for healing. 😞🙏

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it's really sad man, i've been a cyclist my whole life and i refuse to ride on the street now even if there's a bike lane, i've just had way too many close calls. if they aren't drunk, half the drivers out there are distracted, wound up beyond reason, in way too much of a hurry, or ignorant of the rules.. it's just so unsafe.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Two kids under two, signed in shitty columbus for his family, sister's wedding today. So sad.

His first year here in Calgary he spent a good chunk of time living in the hotel i worked at at the time. He was a little twat. Conceded and had no time for anyone. Really saw him grow to become a huge positive influence in the community. Being able to grow and develop is a huge skill that not a lot of people have (myself included).

Just feel awful for his family, and all those who he impacted.
He seemed like a prick in the beginning, especially trademarking the whole "Johnny Hockey" namesake. He was absolutely a King killer with the Flames. But its such a shitty thing to happen considering the circumstances. I mean what the f*** do you do with the wedding now? Do you still even have it? The mood is going to be somber no matter what, and I'm sure the whole family is still in shock.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Damn it is true...RIP J Gaudreau.
Yeah and from what's been "leaked" that scribbled yellow note pad was spot on.

The reports are in took place here
1725034712868.png

and a car slow down and veered left to go around them and the drunk pulled to the right and sped up and..

So sad

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I saw the rumor late last night and just wrote it off., it could've been anyone. Devasted when I saw it was true when I woke up this morning. I haven't been on this website as long as some of you guys, but I can't recall any player that got more hype as a prospect than when Gaudreau was in college. AS annoying as those Flames fans were during that time, but by god they were right. We lost a tremendous hockey player today.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

View attachment 904040

and a car slow down and veered left to go around them and the drunk pulled to the right and sped up and..

So sad
jesus no shoulder there

Honest question, does removing his contract from Columbus put them below the cap floor? Would have to think the league would make an exception here but man.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

View attachment 904040

So sad
The drunk probably thought the car moving to the middle did it out of road rage (to block him from passing) and so he lost his shit and went to the right. I just dont see how he didnt see them before passing.. maybe it was already too dark

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

View attachment 904040

So sad
And in the middle of the night there is no light on that road. A lot of bad decisions went into this tragedy.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This is so f***ing awful. I don’t know why this hurts as much as it does man. I was never a fan of his but seeing him grow up in this league and now is gone is something I was not expecting. I am at a loss for words.

I ride my bike too usually at night in residential streets where I know there won’t be any drivers. Life is too precious to just ride a bike in such open areas where any freaking degenerate can come flying in and take you. It’s just not worth riding your bike. If anything go on a trail but it’s just not worth it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Ive got a little guy just past one year. Sick to my stomach thinking about this.
Yeah... things definitely hit different after you have kids of your own. Even some movies I used to watch when I was younger that didn't bother me at all I can't even anymore because kids die in them. That this actually happens to people in real life is just horrible.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
it's really sad man, i've been a cyclist my whole life and i refuse to ride on the street now even if there's a bike lane, i've just had way too many close calls. if they aren't drunk, half the drivers out there are distracted, wound up beyond reason, in way too much of a hurry, or ignorant of the rules.. it's just so unsafe.

I've seen more than zero people turn left from the right lane, or right from the left lane, the last handful of years. Going around someone stopped to turn left, only to turn left themselves, at a busy intersection. Basic shit that nobody can think is ok. Let alone the turn signal issue. Why people like making other people guess what they're going to do on the road; what is it that we're doing out there?

Obviously if this guy was drunk that's a huge factor but I stopped driving fast particularly off the highway after I was in an accident where I rolled 3.5 times landing on the roof. Where I live in Long Beach people routinely run stop signs and drive way too fast for residential areas. It's densely populated and the roads get congested during the day time. People get impatient and crap like this happens. So again, assuming this guy was drunk, that was definitely a major factor but my point is this could easily happen when someone is driving recklessly and aggressive. I could not live with myself if i did this to someone else. To make matters worse this jack hole apparently let out a big sigh in court when they delayed hid arraignment for after the holiday weekend. Unbelievable that someone can be that callous!

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I've seen more than zero people turn left from the right lane, or right from the left lane, the last handful of years. Going around someone stopped to turn left, only to turn left themselves, at a busy intersection. Basic shit that nobody can think is ok. Let alone the turn signal issue. Why people like making other people guess what they're going to do on the road; what is it that we're doing out there?
Purely anecdotal from my experiences and talking to others, but for some reason since the onset of the pandemic it seems like drivers have become even more rage-filled and reckless on the road.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Purely anecdotal from my experiences and talking to others, but for some reason since the onset of the pandemic it seems like drivers have become even more rage-filled and reckless on the road.
I can also say that New England drivers are WAY more aggressive than LA drivers. I'd say at least half the time when I get on the highway here there's some asshole going 20mph faster than everyone else (like 90-100), weaving in and out of lanes and cutting people off. It's insane, and I'm by no means a slow driver when there's a clear lane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad