Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Poor sharks fans are slotting Kunin onto their top line....

Man, there have been some crazy deals today.

Kunin might end up on any of the lines for SJS. They just don't have much for high end FWDs; Meier, Hertl, and Couture is about it.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Deslauriers is useless, 7M over 4 yrs?? Philly's GM must be missing something upstairs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Benn to TOR on a $750k x 1 (1-way) contract. Not a player I'm going to miss.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Our Benn? Hell yeah, addition by subtraction
I don't often agree with that type of logic, but nearly all indicators and stats for him were mathematically negative, so yes, I completely agree. I hope he does a lot better in Toronto because he seems like an ok dude, but he was one of the worst defensemen I've seen in a Wild sweater, in a dead heat with Cam Barker.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't often agree with that type of logic, but nearly all indicators and stats for him were mathematically negative, so yes, I completely agree. I hope he does a lot better in Toronto because he seems like an ok dude, but he was one of the worst defensemen I've seen in a Wild sweater, in a dead heat with Cam Barker.
Ladislav Benysek

Reactions: BagHead

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yeah, I hear you. He does seem like a good guy and I don't wish him anything but the best. But, man, I'm excited to not have to watch him trip over his skates and fall backwards

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
A name I've not heard in an age.

starwars-obi-wan.gif

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Where does Martin Skoula rank? Or was he just a punching bag?
He was a punching bag. He wasn't great, but he was never near as bad as everyone made out at the time.

He just had highlight reel level bloopers that everyone latched onto and would never let go. Clumsy at the worst possible time on a few occasions.

Reactions: AKL and BagHead

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm actually fond of Martin Skoula. When he wasn't making egregious, ice shattering errors he was quite solid.

I was always a fan of him too, but I was still a very casual hockey fan back in those days

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
A name I wish I had never heard.
Come on. It was worth it just to hear people (especially my dad) butcher the pronunciation of his full name. I was friends with someone who worked at the Hockey Lodge back then, and she would laugh at how bad some folks would mess it up when asking for his jersey.

Now the fact that anyone actually wanted his jersey is a whole other matter :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad