Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Pittsburgh sent Yager. What’s our equivalent to him in value, Ohgren?
I would say so in terms of what other teams might think of our prospects, but personally I like Ohgren more than Yager.

The next closest thing would be Heidt, and I would have been happy for Heidt for McGroarty.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Hard to believe there's 65 better kids than Öhgren.
Oh well.

Suppose if we assume there are ~18 better prospects per draft since Öhgren was 19th overall two drafts ago, the number seems to check out.

(Obviously this is not exactly a scientific method and doesn't account for risers/fallers/graduates)

Waiver Draft

Jun 27, 2024
Thanks for moving my post to the right thread, I thought I had put it here originally. My fault. :(

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Heidt, maybe. Pedigree? Ohgren, maybe even Yurov.
How?

Heidt comparison to Yager the last two seasons:

Heidt 134GP 62g 152a 214pts (1.6ppg)
Yager 124GP 63g 110a 173pts (1.4ppg)

Wheeler had Heidt ranked #100 and Yager at #58. I’d love to hear why he had Heidt so low. Yager and Heidt were actually teammates prior to the WHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
How?

Heidt comparison to Yager the last two seasons:

Heidt 134GP 62g 152a 214pts (1.6ppg)
Yager 124GP 63g 110a 173pts (1.4ppg)

Wheeler had Heidt ranked #100 and Yager at #58. I’d love to hear why he had Heidt so low. Yager and Heidt were actually teammates prior to the WHL.

Projection maybe? I mean - I hate to say it, but a lot of leniencies is given to first round draft picks over second round draft picks. Heidt has a few warts and his size and possibly skating has his detractors. More so, Heidt is more of a PM Bouchard than a Marian Gaborik. He is good at distributing the puck but isn't known for his goal scoring unlike Yager.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
its a secret only told if you're a member of the loyal order of the water buffaloes!
1724435756541.png

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Would you have done Stramel and Lorenz for McGroarty
McGroarty is much better than Lorenz and Stramel. I don’t see the point in adding Stramel. His value will likely never be lower than it is right now.
Replace Lorenz with Heidt. Would you still do it?
Heidt for McGroarty would have been an interesting proposal. I don’t think we should risk losing a highly talented offensive player, but McGroarty definitely gives me pause.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Replace Lorenz with Heidt. Would you still do it?

Heidt for McGroarty? Tough call.

Heidt has the higher offensive upside to me, which we really need, especially if Kaprizov leaves. McGroarty is probably a safer prospect though, and he has more of the gritty, leadership type qualities.

We do have Rossi, Boldy and Yurov who project as more high skilled offensive players. We also have guys like Eriksson Ek and Ohgren who have more sandpaper.

Can I get back to you in 5-7 years?

Reactions: DANOZ28

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's a late 1st though, and Edstrom himself was a late 1st. Would anyone trade Wallstedt for that?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
for an unproven goalie i agree. i thought i heard now preds have 3 - 1sts next draft OUCH!
And they signed some veteran players, giving time for those prospects to develop properly.
It's a late 1st though, and Edstrom himself was a late 1st. Would anyone trade Wallstedt for that?
If we had Juuse Saros signed for the next 8 years? I'd definitely consider it. I really like Edstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad