Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's a late 1st though, and Edstrom himself was a late 1st. Would anyone trade Wallstedt for that?
Current situation, no. If Gustavsson would've had a similar year last year to the one before, while increasing his workload a bit (closer to 50 starts), I'd be much more open to it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's a late 1st though, and Edstrom himself was a late 1st. Would anyone trade Wallstedt for that?

If it was the exact same situation aa NSH was in, then it would be a yes.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Current situation, no. If Gustavsson would've had a similar year last year to the one before, while increasing his workload a bit (closer to 50 starts), I'd be much more open to it.
If it was the exact same situation aa NSH was in, then it would be a yes.

Fair enough. Would you rather do that deal, or find a better prospect to swap 1 for 1 (like a McGroarty or Yager type/caliber)?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fair enough. Would you rather do that deal, or find a better prospect to swap 1 for 1 (like a McGroarty or Yager type/caliber)?
Ideally, it would be more of a 1 for 1.

But, given the hypothetical scenario, I would still probably hold him until a Gustavsson long-term decision has to be made, which would allow for another year still.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'd take the best deal I could get. I think realistically it was a choice of offers from 3-5 teams. The rest didn't have a goalie need, didn't have or wouldn't give up the trade assets, etc. factors; so they bowed out after kicking the tires.

The goalie market is just so different than the position player market.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I doubt anyone is lining up to trade a top prospect for a goalie prospect. Wallstedt’s value will spike when he is proven in the NHL.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For instance, if we didn’t have Wallstedt in the pipeline, would anyone have traded Yurov/Buium for Askarov?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For instance, if we didn’t have Wallstedt in the pipeline, would anyone have traded Yurov/Buium for Askarov?
If we had a few of them, I'd consider it. But those guys are just as big of needs as Wallstedt would be.

I don't think you can go at the same level prospect when a goalie is involved. You'd have to got down the list of skaters a bit to find the 1 for 1.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we had a few of them, I'd consider it. But those guys are just as big of needs as Wallstedt would be.

I don't think you can go at the same level prospect when a goalie is involved. You'd have to got down the list of skaters a bit to find the 1 for 1.
Most teams don’t have excess guys of that caliber.

Completely agree on your second point. Ohgren I would say yes to trading for Askarov in the event we didn’t have a goalie of the future.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
reports tonight are Johnny Gaudreau and his brother were killed by a drunk driver tonight .Tim Peel has confirmed on Twitter

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If it wasn't true, Gaudreau, his agent, or anyone associated with him would have put out a statement squashing the rumor for the simple fact that idiots are bombarding the local police with phone calls. They would have put the fire out in a hurry.

Sadly, with complete silence on their end, it is probably not a rumor.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Last month Vikings rookie CB Khyree Jackson was killed by a drunk driver. Now Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau....These are just a few famous people, but countless other people have been killed or injured by people who think they can drink and drive.

Drunk drivers are the worst.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Gutted. Their sister was set to get married this evening, they were both Groomsmen...

OMG. How freaking awful.

The only thing more awful than a parent losing their child is losing two children. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Gaudreau family.

Last edited:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I can't even imagine how their family is feeling right now. So sad to hear this.
Just horrible.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He just celebrated his birthday as well.
Even worse...
The accident remains under investigation.
Johnny Gaudreau was 31 years old. Matthew Gaudreau was 29.
The brothers were planning to attend their sister's wedding on Friday in New Jersey.
What was supposed to be his sister's best memory will be forever scarred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad