Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It will always be tied to her wedding no matter when it happens now.
The only reason they were even there.

Yeah, the timing alone is enough.

But even when they ultimately do have the wedding, they're still missing two groomsmen.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
This might be a hot take but we really need to reform our drunk driving laws. We, in the US, tkae driving as a right, not a privilege.

I would love for us to adopt some of the European driving rules, at least around drunk driving. The ones I'm most familiar with, would be Germany's. Basically, if you get caught drunk driving it's a nightmare for you to try to get your license back - I believe you're allotted to drive a scooter (so to speak), with a max speed of roughly 30mph.

Far too many people here still have their license after drunk driving 6,7, or even more times. They haven't learned their lesson, there's no reason to think they will going forward.

Reactions: MuckOG

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This might be a hot take but we really need to reform our drunk driving laws. We, in the US, tkae driving as a right, not a privilege.

I would love for us to adopt some of the European driving rules, at least around drunk driving. The ones I'm most familiar with, would be Germany's. Basically, if you get caught drunk driving it's a nightmare for you to try to get your license back - I believe you're allotted to drive a scooter (so to speak), with a max speed of roughly 30mph.

Far too many people here still have their license after drunk driving 6,7, or even more times. They haven't learned their lesson, there's no reason to think they will going forward.
Not a hot take at all. Totally agree.

What a tragedy

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I want to make it clear off the rip that I'm in no way shape or form blaming anyone but the drunk guy who caused this incident with his aggressive and reckless behavior.

After seeing images (through google maps) of the road where this occurred, we have a long way to go before most of the roads in this country, especially in rural areas, are safe for both bikers and motorists to coexist. This road had a shoulder that couldn't have been more than few inches wide. Had there been a real shoulder for Johnny and Matt to ride in, the front car would not been required to go into the oncoming lane of traffic to go around them, and they may still be with us.

I'm amazed that roads like that are built with virtually no leeway for this type of thing. And not just bicyclists, but broken down cars, emergency stops, tractors and other slow moving vehicles, etc.

But I'm in agreement that if you're caught DUI, it should be as difficult as possible for you to get back behind the wheel of a car. No tolerance for that type of stuff. There's way too much evidence of how dangerous it is for us to just give you 30 days in jail, a few thousand dollar fine, a license plate with a W at the front, and your keys back.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If I wasn't already convinced this f***er deserves life behind bars.....

Wow. Sometimes people really do drive the way they live; apparently his time is more important to him than anything else. A shame for him, because I think he's likely to lose a lot of it quite soon.

Ok, I took a second to cool off and think about it from his point of view before posting, hoping I could find some empathy. The result is that f*** this guy.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wow. Sometimes people really do drive the way they live; apparently his time is more important to him than anything else. A shame for him, because I think he's likely to lose a lot of it quite soon.

Ok, I took a second to cool off and think about it from his point of view before posting, hoping I could find some empathy. The result is that f*** this guy.

It's such an unsurprising development that he's a selfish person, after all, he got behind the wheel while drunk, and continue to drink while driving home.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I've been in tears for hours. This hit close to home, as one of my best friends got killed by a DUI driver some years back. We always celebrated birthdays, new years eves, you name it, for decades.
I love you Peter.
So sick of it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If you've lived as long as I have it's quite likely that someone you know was killed by a drunk driver, whether it be a family member or casual acquaintance

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
My 16yo cousin was hit and killed by a non drunk driver. Who am I supposed to be enraged at since there is no MADD contingency demonizing distracted drivers or texting drivers or old drivers or woman drivers or generally poor drivers???

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My 16yo cousin was hit and killed by a non drunk driver. Who am I supposed to be enraged at since there is no MADD contingency demonizing distracted drivers or texting drivers or old drivers or woman drivers or generally poor drivers???
The individual is still too blame if they were negligent.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm sorry about your 16 year old cousin. I've had people die who were a big part of my life, and it sucks. I'm sorry for your pain.

Texting is distracted driving, and is illegal. If someone caused an accident by doing something they weren't supposed to while driving, they are to blame for that. You can be angry with them, that's ok, probably even healthy. I hope you find something past the anger eventually, if you're still feeling it.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I'm sorry about your 16 year old cousin. I've had people die who were a big part of my life, and it sucks. I'm sorry for your pain.

Texting is distracted driving, and is illegal. If someone caused an accident by doing something they weren't supposed to while driving, they are to blame for that. You can be angry with them, that's ok, probably even healthy. I hope you find something past the anger eventually, if you're still feeling it.
Thank you , it was 36 years ago. We weren’t that close but it was hard on the family.

My point was that we demonize having a few beers and driving as if you had just raped a child. It’s absolute insanity and modern dui enforcement is about revenue generating and not public safety.

I was reading the main board thread and the level of outrage at driving after a few beers is so insane I can’t believe people think like that. You have people advocating for mandatory interlocks in every vehicle for every driver.

I guess maybe having grown up and living in northern MN has me espousing a different viewpoint than what most people have experienced. Just my opinion after seeing countless people lives wrecked because they blew a .086 after some cop followed them home from the local watering hole when they stopped for a quick one after work.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Drai gets $14M x 8 years

And wasn't around last week, but RIP Johnny Gaudreau. The whole story is really sad, and I don't have many words beyond that at the moment. The wedding aspect and young children makes it even harder to stomach.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Na, Dre has three 50 goal seasons to kaps none, plus five 100+ point seasons to kaps one. If anything it sets him a teir below.

Maybe, but I know Kaprizov's agent is going to be looking at their quality of linemates, the 49 goal per 82 game pace he's been on for three seasons, the Wild's desperation to keep Kaprizov, and the increasing cap over the next two summers. It's going to be close.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I fail to see how a 100+ point center that wins ~ 55% of his faceoffs getting $14M AAV somehow means that Kaprizov is getting $15M+. If anything, it would be $1-2M less, so $12-13M per year. Pretty much in line with projections.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I fail to see how a 100+ point center that wins ~ 55% of his faceoffs getting $14M AAV somehow means that Kaprizov is getting $15M+. If anything, it would be $1-2M less, so $12-13M per year. Pretty much in line with projections.
Because Kaprizov means more to the Wild and by the time he signs his extension the cap will have gone up.

If you had to pick between McDavid and Drai who would you pick?

If you had to pick between Kaprizov and Boldy who would you pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad