Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He lost me with that Game 1 horrid playoff goal against Tampa which set the stage for the series loss.....
That goal that lost the game is about as bad of a big game goal as it gets. I never forgave him for it (like, in sports terms, still seemed like a nice dude). Throw in that we survived the Nashville series with him twice not being able to routinely cover the puck and getting scored on and directly turning the puck over for goals a time or two. Bah, it still boils my blood.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The Detroit Red Wings placed goalie Alex Nedeljkovic on waivers on Sunday.
The 27-year-old has played in just nine games this season, starting eight of them, while posting a 2-4-2 record. He has a 4.09 goals-against average, while posting an .880 save percentage.
The native of Parma, Ohio, had just returned from a conditioning stint in Grand Rapids of the AHL. He posted a 2-1-1 record with a 2.45 GAA and a .919 save percentage while there.

Reactions: BHD

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Zero help tonight.

Devils tie it late against San Jose, win in a shootout.
Pittsburgh ties it late against Anaheim, win 30 seconds into OT.
Rangers beat Columbus
Washington overcomes a 3-0 deficit, wins in OT.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Found reason to drop an Oskar Osala reference on the trade board.

Does anyone else get early 2010s Hurricanes vibes from the Canucks?

Some good players spread out across positions (Staal, Skinner, Pitkanen, Ward vs Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, Demko), but the depth, particularly on defense, is not good enough. There’s little reason for optimism with the prospect pool. To top it off, management/ownership doesn’t seem to want to rip off the band aid.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Some good players spread out across positions (Staal, Skinner, Pitkanen, Ward vs Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, Demko), but the depth, particularly on defense, is not good enough. There’s little reason for optimism with the prospect pool. To top it off, management/ownership doesn’t seem to want to rip off the band aid.
Management certainly gives me those vibes.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Depth is probably their main weakness but their high end players are better than the early 2010s Canes. We've never had an offensive d-men the caliber of Hughes. Petterson and Miller are also better than Staal and Skinner during that period. They're just a vastly underachieving franchise.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'll give you Hughes over Pitkanen from an offensive standpoint. However, this is a higher scoring era. Among those that played in 50% of the games, Staal had finishes of 20, 18, 29 and 8 in P/GP from 09-10 up to the Edler injury. In the 21-22 season, those placements ranged from 1.1-1.35 P/GP or 88-111 82 game pace. Relative to his competition, he's right there with Vancouver's best and probably more consistent year to year. Skinner topped out at 7th in G/GP in 13-14 and had a few finishes outside the Top 50 in P/GP. A bit of a difference there, but some good seasons.

This is a bit humbling to post as it puts Aho and the rest's numbers into perspective. PPG in 2022 is worth about 70 points in 2011.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'll give you Hughes over Pitkanen from an offensive standpoint. However, this is a higher scoring era. Among those that played in 50% of the games, Staal had finishes of 20, 18, 29 and 8 in P/GP from 09-10 up to the Edler injury. In the 21-22 season, those placements ranged from 1.1-1.35 P/GP or 88-111 82 game pace. Relative to his competition, he's right there with Vancouver's best and probably more consistent year to year. Skinner topped out at 7th in G/GP in 13-14 and had a few finishes outside the Top 50 in P/GP. A bit of a difference there, but some good seasons.

This is a bit humbling to post as it puts Aho and the rest's numbers into perspective. PPG in 2022 is worth about 70 points in 2011.
Fair enough, I didn't do much of a statistical analysis. More of a gut feeling/eye test type opinion.

I also think while Cam never put up Vezina type numbers he was pretty good in the early to mid 2010s despite having mostly garbage defenses in front of him (not just d-men but forwards as well).

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012

If we’re comparing early 2010s Canes…how do their Claude Giroux adjusted stats compare?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While thats true the side against Provorov is the group of inclusiveness, the group of everyone should be allowed to be who they are.....Unless of course you disagree with them.
I never said anything about the Provorov situation, I was simply responding to the statement that was made from another poster about "people should be protesting the anthem", by stating it's been done and we already know what the reaction is. No more, no less so don't try to twist it into something else.

Personally, I don't care about the guys that kneeled for the anthem, nor do I care about what Provorov did. It has nothing to do with my own beliefs/views on each situation, just that it's their right to express themselves in a manner they choose. I surely won't debate it with anyone since it's an exercise in futility.

I highly doubt the backlash will be anywhere near as severe in this case though, for a variety of reasons. In a few weeks, everyone will forget about this.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some lending agency is feeding off of nhl players.
I wonder about the loss ratio for them. If they continue to give out speculative loans to guys like Lehner and Kane, I assume they must give out a lot of loans to guys that do pay it all back a rather high rates, because they are going to take a large loss in bankruptcy with those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad