Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Folks, Connor McDavid will have yet another point-per-game season this year.

That’s right. Connor McDavid as of this moment has 82 points this season.

He’s so cool.
not 100% guaranteed though, he could go pointless the rest of the year and get traded to a team that has played less games than the Oilers and wind up with 82 points in 83 games

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I truly hope Burns isn't in any way involved in this... I cant imagine the world of exotic snake wrangling is all that large but what do I know

Reactions: DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Mrazek letting in 4 goals on 5 shots? Wooooooooowwwww...

ElectricImperturbableFreshwatereel-max-1mb.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Seems like something that jackass would do, so I don’t question it at all.
Excluding a particular group from applying for jobs is discriminatory and illegal. My understanding is the wording of the initial post said it was open to 'participants aged 18 or over, based in the US, who identify as female, Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, LGBTQIA+, and/or a person with a disability.'

Their intent may have not been to exclude anyone but the wording certainly comes across as discriminatory, so I can see why they objected.

Secondly, in this political environment when every politician from both parties wants to have a talking point, a post like that is basically chumming the waters and got the expected reaction.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
A lot of people on this very board clowned the Canes for the Ned trade too. I thought the value was off, but I was a Ned skeptic pretty much the entire time he was up that year.
I just never felt he had the presence of a standard NHL starter. He was so reactive and using athletics, could be pulled out of position easily…..just lacked that poise. It’s a really good example of using minor league success to predict NHL success, and its pitfalls….especially with goalies. I was glad to see him get his chance finally and for another team to give him a better one. I figured being a growing team he’d get more leash but obviously not. He could still make it back.

I was surprised we got so little because he had made a splash but I wasn’t surprised we moved on. We never seemed to have faith in him.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If I recall, I didn't have a strong opinion either way, except about the quality of the return. I know some tried to justify him coming below their expectations with the idea of a team doing him a favor sending him closer to home. The more likely scenario was that the league just didn't see it with him at the time and the team got market value. When a player is traded for a draft pick, his value generally is in black and white.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I just never felt he had the presence of a standard NHL starter. He was so reactive and using athletics, could be pulled out of position easily…..just lacked that poise. It’s a really good example of using minor league success to predict NHL success, and its pitfalls….especially with goalies. I was glad to see him get his chance finally and for another team to give him a better one. I figured being a growing team he’d get more leash but obviously not. He could still make it back.

I was surprised we got so little because he had made a splash but I wasn’t surprised we moved on. We never seemed to have faith in him.
He lost me with that Game 1 horrid playoff goal against Tampa which set the stage for the series loss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad