Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I dislike all other Metro teams, NJ and NYR being no exception, but you have to tip your hat to the Devils for their hot start, albeit unsustainable, and scratch your head at another Rags blown lead (up 2-0 at one point) in this game. Interesting happenings on a relatively quiet hockey night for Caniac Nation.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Devils fans must be absolutely loving this season.

I knew that this was going to happen eventually. You get lucky in the first round lottery that many times and you'll naturally get enough star talent to become a top club. Now, Bratt being a superstar find in the 6th round and Sharangovich/Zetterlund also being fantastic mid-round finds greatly accelerated this, but still, it makes the Metro even more of a clown show than it already is.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
On the PP, of course.

We rightfully drag Kotkaniemi. Yet, the guy he’s effectively replacing has produced the same number of points EV in November (1).

And, it begs repeating, KK is younger than Svechnikov. It doesn't excuse the recent lack of offense but it also shows a potential development curve that isn't coming with Trocheck.

Reactions: SlavinAway

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Not attempting to go the full eight with Bratt is looking like a not-great decision. I get the appeal of acquiring Palat, but still, if I was in the FO's shoes, I would've taken that route

Hindsight is a heck of a thing. Im sure if NJ thought he was a sure ppg player again this season, they would have kept him. I get it and glad for it. Now they won’t be as dangerous next year.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Hindsight is a heck of a thing. Im sure if NJ thought he was a sure ppg player again this season, they would have kept him. I get it and glad for it. Now they won’t be as dangerous next year.

This is entirely anecdotal, but Bratt was so good last season that I had made statements last trade deadline that he was the singular player that I had heard in rumor talks that I thought was worth Jarvis +. I agree that NJ played the odds of a late-rounder not sustaining that level of play and lost miserably, but at least to my amateur eyes I thought that he was a legitimate superstar in the making.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On the PP, of course.

We rightfully drag Kotkaniemi. Yet, the guy he’s effectively replacing has produced the same number of points EV in November (1).

That's really not the right way to look at it. Whether Trocheck gets 100 points or 0 points on the NYR is irrelevant to KK.

KK has to replace what Trocheck brought to the CANES the last two seasons, or at least be reasonably close. That's the measuring stick. Last year Trocheck had 39 ES points on the season. The year before he had 25 in 47 games.

It looks like the points have started to come for KK the last couple of games so let's hope it gives him confidence and he builds on it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure what he did during that 2021 offseason, but dude turned into an all-star almost overnight after 4 seasons of struggling to catch up with his own size.
3 things I think
1) IIRC, they moved him from wing to center last year
2) With Eichel and Reinhart gone, others had a chance to take on a bigger role.
3) Probably most importantly, they fired Ralph Krueger

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That's really not the right way to look at it. Whether Trocheck gets 100 points or 0 points on the NYR is irrelevant to KK.

KK has to replace what Trocheck brought to the CANES the last two seasons, or at least be reasonably close. That's the measuring stick. Last year Trocheck had 39 ES points on the season. The year before he had 25 in 47 games.

It looks like the points have started to come for KK the last couple of games so let's hope it gives him confidence and he builds on it.

Not making the player comparison so much as pointing out that other players have struggles in small sample sizes too. Perhaps I’ve been overly negative about JK. It’s a long season. He has a chance to recover.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Speaking of the Rangers, the article after their Oilers collapse is a good one. The writer talks about benching Trocheck who has been relegated to 3C duties. Centering Goodrow and Vesey.
Lol….I’m sure that’s the problem and that he’ll stay there not only the rest of this year but every year the rest of his contract.

Btw he scored last night, on the first pp where he wasn’t moved from.

Where did the article come from?

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Lol….I’m sure that’s the problem and that he’ll stay there not only the rest of this year but every year the rest of his contract.

Btw he scored last night, on the first pp where he wasn’t moved from.

Where did the article come from?
The Athletic, their beat writer

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Lol. He never says anyone “should” be benched. He wonders who may be benched after writing a reactionary article that rivals us after a loss. Trocheck isn’t even the first one mentioned, Kakko is. “Relegated” to the third line….

Gimme a break bud.

"Speaking of the Rangers, the article after their Oilers collapse is a good one. The writer talks about benching Trocheck who has been relegated to 3C duties. Centering Goodrow and Vesey."

i mean i never used the word should or would be. "The writer talks about benching Trocheck" which is exactly what he did. carry on.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
"Speaking of the Rangers, the article after their Oilers collapse is a good one. The writer talks about benching Trocheck who has been relegated to 3C duties. Centering Goodrow and Vesey."

i mean i never used the word should or would be. "The writer talks about benching Trocheck" which is exactly what he did. carry on.
Moving to the other line isn’t benching.

You’ve had an opinion on Trocheck so it was easy for me to feel this is part of your body of work in that direction.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Moving to the other line isn’t benching.

You’ve had an opinion on Trocheck so it was easy for me to feel this is part of your body of work in that direction.
i guess repeating what is written without adding words is a hidden agenda. you got me.

how long are your arms exactly?

Reactions: SlavinAway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad