Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
Honestly, people scoff, but if the Leafs can break their first round curse, I could see them riding that high all the way.

And this year could be the year for them to do it. They're essentially locked into TB as their first round opponent, and the Lightning have looked very mortal this season, Vasi especially.
Obviously they should be able to advance and make a good run. But I don't want them to. It doesn't ruin my day if they win it all, but another first round exit would give me joy.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Honestly, people scoff, but if the Leafs can break their first round curse, I could see them riding that high all the way.

And this year could be the year for them to do it. They're essentially locked into TB as their first round opponent, and the Lightning have looked very mortal this season, Vasi especially.

All bets are off in the Playoffs. TB is a playoff team. That's when you really get to see how good they are. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they went all the way again.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Penguins are not good here recently.
Edmonton is dominating them. Foegele's numbers on the season aren't great, but he looks really good tonight and is getting time with McDavid and Drai. Good for him. I always liked him and he seems like a good kid, even if I'm not at all upset he's gone.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Edmonton is dominating them. Foegele's numbers on the season aren't great, but he looks really good tonight and is getting time with McDavid and Drai. Good for him. I always liked him and he seems like a good kid, even if I'm not at all upset he's gone.
I was and remain a huge Foegele fan. I think he hasn't been consistently good in his role in Edmonton, but he's been good recently when I've watched.

This Eastern wild card race might be insanely fun to watch down the stretch. It'd be interesting to see some new blood at the expense of the Caps and Pens if it happens.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I don’t mind game management, tbh. The hook on Stamkos has been a penalty for close to 2 decades. Tampa didn’t deserve it in the grand scheme of things, because of the no call on Cernak (clear chicken wing to the mouth). The way it ended felt just.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The stick was parallel with the blade in Stamkos’ armpit and there was a mild tug. You can argue that he lost the puck on the handle because of it. It depends on your view of his intent in terms of whether he sold it or fell down as a result of reaching back for the puck.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The stick was parallel with the blade in Stamkos’ armpit and there was a mild tug. You can argue that he lost the puck on the handle because of it. It depends on your view of his intent in terms of whether he sold it or fell down as a result of reaching back for the puck.
Well, he was hooked/tugged from the left, and SPUN to the right as he fell...that screams of a sell-job/flop since that's not how physics work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad