Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Makar out with another concussion.

2x this year with the last one coming from a hit he initiated but he got the wrong end of the result.

Btw: great player but after that hit on Staal LY in Colorado so be it.

Reactions: Stickpucker

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Question - Should the Canes move Necas up to the top PP with Aho, given them a double one time threat, Necas on the Left dot, Aho on the Right Dot and Burns in the middle

I ask because the last couple of games Necas has shown he has a very wicked onetime. Aho also has a solid One Timer and having a threat from both sides of the ice and from Burns in the middle to me would make for a very awesome PP. Something we are lacking at the moment.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Question - Should the Canes move Necas up to the top PP with Aho, given them a double one time threat, Necas on the Left dot, Aho on the Right Dot and Burns in the middle

I ask because the last couple of games Necas has shown he has a very wicked onetime. Aho also has a solid One Timer and having a threat from both sides of the ice and from Burns in the middle to me would make for a very awesome PP. Something we are lacking at the moment.
I think they'd be ok with Svech in that spot given he's had success with the settle and shot from the left side. all be it not much lately. And you potentially keep Necas's one timer away from the 1st PK unit.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, when a lot of folks were down on O'Reilly as a target, I said I'd be thrilled to get him and that I thought he was a good bet to turn it on away from the Blues and their bad season. Looking good so far. For the record, even though I'm super skeptical he'd choose us, I've felt the same about Kane.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, when a lot of folks were down on O'Reilly as a target, I said I'd be thrilled to get him and that I thought he was a good bet to turn it on away from the Blues and their bad season. Looking good so far. For the record, even though I'm super skeptical he'd choose us, I've felt the same about Kane.

Yep. ROR had good metrics and was facing the toughest competition with Leivo and Saad. Even if he stayed in STL, there was likely to be a regression to the mean, in a good way. Now he's centering Marner and Tavares against easier competition. They were globe-trotting the Sabres tonight when I was watching in the 1st when the Canes were at intermission.

Same goes for Kane. Would love to have him even if I think it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad