GDT: Around The League 24/25. Preseason ends, the regular season begins!!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There's a point where I just can't take joy in the suffering of others anymore. This team really needs to put it together and quick because they aren't sneaking up on anyone this year.

I always take joy in a Leafs or Flames loss. In fact add Vegas to the list.

As for our Oiler team I was not expecting a fast start after seeing yet another blown preseason by yet another coach. But I didn’t anticipate 2-4-1 however the next 4 games they better turn it around. Not the toughest of competition.

Seems gutting the right side of the D and losing the finals in the last game is proving to be a tougher hurdle for the boys than they thought.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
the Oilers have been one of the favorites for a few years now...they haven't "snuck" up on anyone in a long time
I think last year because of their slow start they caught teams off guard and even I think the Dallas Stars underestimated their ability to play defense and smother them.

I always take joy in a Leafs or Flames loss. In fact add Vegas to the list.

As for our Oiler team I was not expecting a fast start after seeing yet another blown preseason by yet another coach. But I didn’t anticipate 2-4-1 however the next 4 games they better turn it around. Not the toughest of competition.

Seems gutting the right side of the D and losing the finals in the last game is proving to be a tougher hurdle for the boys than they thought.
I think it's amusing that the Flames keep winning because I get to see the despair in some of my friends who root for them, knowing that the Flames will inevitably end up with a terrible draft pick.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wish we were as good as the Flames and Jets. :(

I guess we should have kept McLeod, Broberg and Holloway.

Maybe look at bringing Hall, Yam Fries and Pulju back as well.

I don’t think we would be any better with McLeod, Broberg and Holloway personally. But I think it raises another question. Seems like players who leave here are more productive. And the players that come here are less productive. Why?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Former Oiler Moe Lemay passed away a few days ago. Mostly known as a canuck he won a cup with the oilers. Sounds like with many former Nhlers he life went sideways after the game was done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad