Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don’t remember where the noise came from last year about Dowd getting a first. But it’s certainly nice that didn’t happen. Otherwise, the conversation about Evans’ value might be different.
The talk was about Dowd/Lindgrem for a 1st was because at 50% you'd get Dowd for two years for like 650k or something and a big upgrade in net.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I still take Drouin over Colton.
1729595277818.png

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Those posts wanting to give Ross Coulton the prom dumpster baby treatment haven't aged well.
I don’t feel like they have.

I was one of them who thought that if cap space was needed, Colton was the most logical choice, of the realistic moves that there were.

These 5-6 games haven’t changed my opinion.

And it has nothing to do with Colton. I like Colton, and I like what he brings. It of all the forwards on the team with a decent cap hit, Colton was the weakest for his position being played. As a C, he’s nowhere near as good as he has been playing. The discussion was between moving Lehkonen or Colton.

I’d still prefer Lehkonen as a top 6 winger.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
We already have a ton of cap space invested in the wings. We can't move Colton there permanently and find another 3C, would make it worst. Its a temporary band-aid that is currently working well. But he'll have to go back to 3C eventually. And if BOTH Landy and Nuke are back healthy next year, he is still the most likely to be traded IMHO. But very happy to see him contribute like that!!!

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Colton seems to be slotting in nicely where Kadri used to click on our PP

If he slumps I'm probably OK with trading him but he's looking like a great fit at a thin time, can't hate on those swiss army players

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Colton seems to be slotting in nicely where Kadri used to click on our PP

If he slumps I'm probably OK with trading him but he's looking like a great fit at a thin time, can't hate on those swiss army players
Apparently you haven’t seen the hate on Colton here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Lefty Compher

Gotta see what Colton can do for us in the playoffs
We already kinda know that.
He played on the same line as Wood for a whole season, getting hit with shrapnel.
There is an extreme vitriol against him... I'd say even more than Wood and I kinda get it, but also kinda don't. He's an average 3C who has some fundamental issues in his game (namely he has the same IQ as my autistic dog). So he's not the type of guy that people love. But he is a useful player and if deployed right, can bring in results.

IMO this also shows that you can pretty much put any player next to MacK and find success... especially on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad