Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Boston still relies on those goalies a little too much, imo. Looks like they’ll finish on top of the division, but they won’t be facing a team like Florida in round one this year.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Boston could be ever better next season. Could deal Ullmark for whatever, and then potentially bring in a Lindholm/Stamkos.
No question Boston will try to sign a prominent UFA. They will need to allocate space for Swayman's new deal, but maybe they free up Ullmark's money to do that. Half of their defensive group are UFAs, so they will need to add some defensemen, as well.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Dubas is at that point (or very soon) where he has to decide on what to do with Jake Guentzel as he is an UFA next season.

Pens are currently 5 points out of a WC spot and that could be at 7 points before their next game on Friday versus Florida.

:popcorn:

Reactions: PromisedLand

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Given how wide open the East is, the Leafs will be buyers whether any of us like it or not.
Most likely but big picture, I bet we would be better off with Poitras.

What is yet to be seen from Bert is whether he can ramp it up in the playoffs. If he does, great but he most likely walks for nothing.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'd offer them Bertuzzi for their 2025 first round pick or Poitras straight up.
Poitras is a 19 year old C, at nearly 0.5 PPG with years of control.

Bertuzzi is a winger, to be UFA, and hasn't scored at a greater rate than Poitras in his rookie year.

Somehow you think they'd trade Poitras for Bertuzzi... if it's the other way around, would you?

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Poitras is a 19 year old C, at nearly 0.5 PPG with years of control.

Bertuzzi is a winger, to be UFA, and hasn't scored at a greater rate than Poitras in his rookie year.

Somehow you think they'd trade Poitras for Bertuzzi... if it's the other way around, would you?
Agree, Bruins most likely do not make that deal but they might if they think they can win. They gave up a 1st and a 4th for Bertuzzi last year.

Poitras was a second round pick. Would you give up Minten for "a" Bertuzzi like player if you thought he gets you out of the Atlantic?

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Was that the case in Colorado?
I don’t know what they thought of him in Colorado, I don’t think management was onboard with his ideas…….

I'd offer them Bertuzzi for their 2025 first round pick or Poitras straight up.
I don’t think Boston does that, Bert played well for them, but wasn’t the difference between advancing or not, why do the same thing over and over, the Bruins aren’t the Leafs……..

Reactions: ToneDog

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Agree, Bruins most likely do not make that deal but they might if they think they can win. They gave up a 1st and a 4th for Bertuzzi last year.

Poitras was a second round pick. Would you give up Minten for "a" Bertuzzi like player if you thought he gets you out of the Atlantic?
In fairness... Minten isn't in the NHL contributing 0.5PPG... but no, I wouldn't give up Minten, for a 3rd line production guy, who is getting 1st line minutes with elite players, and still can't produce.

With max retention, we **might** get a late 2nd fo him... unless he really heats up.

I would be very hesitant to give up any of our better prospects, and keep in mind, I'm not even a big supporter of Minten. The only reason I'd consider it, is if we obtained a Sub 30 D, who has a proven track record of being someone who could be a capable top pairing D, and complimentary to Mo, who has years of control.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad