GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Button is telling everybody that the Oiler's deal was much poorer than how the Senator's did. His Oiler bashing never stops.
His assumption was the deal was similar value for the Oilers. I think Coyotes ask fell, after most teams filled their holes.

LA would have paid that...

Reactions: T-Funk

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Why get upset about Button? He's allowed to have opinions. He's paid to have them.

He's clearly a very big fan of Chychrun. Who cares..?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Arizona is making a mockery out of the NHL. They just traded for another $8.5M of LTIR. Next year they could have Over $21M in cap space on LTIR while only spending about $2.3M in real money on that space. They are showing no interest what so ever in icing a real team. Meanwhile they are going to collect a ton of top end young talent with little option but to play for them for years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Arizona is making a mockery out of the NHL. They just traded for another $8.5M of LTIR. Next year they could have Over $21M in cap space on LTIR while only spending about $2.3M in real money on that space. They are showing no interest what so ever in icing a real team. Meanwhile they are going to collect a ton of top end young talent with little option but to play for them for years.

Their ownership is probably hurting bad for money.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
faceofhorror.org
The plan is to draft bedard and with all of the cap space they have they're gonna sign free agents including Matthews. Having all that LTIR space will allow them to go over the cap in the playoffs and then they will ice a super team in Arizona.

Including mcdavid and draisaitl...

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
He spent his whole career there and won them 2 cups. It’s not just cap dumping some over the hill player.
I do agree with this sentiment. There's 3 ways of looking at it:

1) Morally - probably the wrong decision
2) Team - this move improves the team
3) Fiscally - debatable. Is the bad vibes from doing to a star player worth potentially more income from the playoffs? I don't know the answer to that yet.

I think it ultimately depends on what you value. To me the number 1 point is more important, to Drive the number 2 point is more important. I don't think either of us are wrong in this situation, just have different values.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The plan is to draft bedard and with all of the cap space they have they're gonna sign free agents including Matthews. Having all that LTIR space will allow them to go over the cap in the playoffs and then they will ice a super team in Arizona.

Including mcdavid and draisaitl...
They have at best a 13% chance at Bedard.

That said I don't think this is the motivation. It is simply to spend as few real dollars as possible to hit the floor. That may not be circumvention by the rule but it is by the spirit. But it also gives them a competitive advantage in that they can gain assets by effectively circumventing a rule.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why get upset about Button? He's allowed to have opinions. He's paid to have them.

He's clearly a very big fan of Chychrun. Who cares..?

Whose upset? Anyone paid to spout opinions on air is fair game for criticism. Button is an annoying blowhard whose opinions are mostly bullshit.

My opinion….:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad