GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A livid Tre is on the phone with Gary right now, despite having the most favorable schedule in league history, and is demanding that the Flames now only play teams that are playing three games in three nights. Gary didn’t think he could do that, so Tre asked for compensation from the Oilers on the Ekholm trade. Gary thought that was reasonable, and he will see what he can do.

Flames goalies finish with .600 and .857
Nice to see improvement from them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A livid Tre is on the phone with Gary right now, despite having the most favorable schedule in league history, and is demanding that the Flames now only play teams that are playing three games in three nights. Gary didn’t think he could do that, so Tre asked for compensation from the Oilers on the Ekholm trade. Gary thought that was reasonable, and he will see what he can do.

Nice to see improvement from them.

Third round pick heading from the Oilers to the Flames in 3….2…..

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Decided to put my Flames hater goggles away for a minute, and take a look at their roster, and see how many changes would be required for them to have a realistic chance at making the playoffs, The answer:

2 goalies
3 dmen
7 forwards
1 coach
1 GM

So word on the street is that they would require 15 total changes, and I only come up with 14, so not as gloomy in Cowtown as expected.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
LA Kings get their tender:

Uh oh. This is good for nobody except the Kings. Korpi may not be great but light years better than anything they've had in net. Getting rid of Quick in the process is just some 4D stuff. Wish we had some of that going on. I'd rather have Korpi than any of our goalies. Could you imagine working a deal to take back the Campbell contract? we only get to dream.

Incredibly Korpi has better numbers than Quick while playing on worst in league team. Kings get Gavrikov as well. not good news. Kings give up a First (which they have no use for) and get rid of Quick to immensely improve their club. "the price you have to pay" lol. Kings all in now.

Reactions: Valhallis

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Uh oh. This is good for nobody except the Kings. Korpi may not be great but light years better than anything they've had in net. Getting rid of Quick in the process is just some 4D stuff. Wish we had some of that going on. I'd rather have Korpi than any of our goalies. Could you imagine working a deal to take back the Campbell contract? we only get to dream.

Incredibly Korpi has better numbers than Quick while playing on worst in league team. Kings get Gavrikov as well. not good news. Kings give up a First (which they have no use for) and get rid of Quick to immensely improve their club. "the price you have to pay" lol. Kings all in now.
I think Korpisalo is under valued. Has had significant down years tied to mediocre teams but has demonstrated ability to lock in and win games and playoff series. Gavrikov can be gravy in addressing LA's left defense need. Moving out Quick to do it is a great piece of business, absolutely. Kings are the match up I like the least for the Oilers. Now with a goalie who can steal games.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad