GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Conflicted. On one hand I want the Flames to lose tonight because they’re the Flames but I also want them to keep their delusions alive.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Conflicted. On one hand I want the Flames to lose tonight because they’re the Flames but I also want them to keep their delusions alive.

Flames v Leafs.

It’s like choosing which is better, a prostrate exam or a vasectomy.

Arizona is making a mockery out of the NHL. They just traded for another $8.5M of LTIR. Next year they could have Over $21M in cap space on LTIR while only spending about $2.3M in real money on that space. They are showing no interest what so ever in icing a real team. Meanwhile they are going to collect a ton of top end young talent with little option but to play for them for years.

Playing in a Junior B rink with no fans and still no rink deal collecting $35M in revenue sharing or whatever the upward limit is.

Bettmans shining star franchise should just be folded.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Arizona gets Bedard... it will be embarrassing for the league.

Never seen anything like that team

Think it’s preordained Bedard goes to Chicago. League wants a strong Black Hawk team. Arizona will draft 5ish and I hope they pick a dud.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think it’s just my insecurities of years of watching bad Oiler teams but I want any slim chance of missing the playoffs gone as soon as possible. I won’t the Flames (and Preds) to tank it for another week or two lol.

Still uncomfortable that a little losing streak combined with a Flames win streak could see the Oilers on the edge again.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Even with no Oilers tonight.. I'm excited to watch NYR with P. Kane... and then hopefully followed up by a Calgary loss to Toronto. March/April hockey baby

I'm hoping for a similar Flame loss to their one against the Bruins (other than the loser point).

Would love nothing more than to look at the box score at the end of the night and see shots 50-20 for the Flames, but a 1-0 win for the Leafs. Enough for them to tell themselves that they're actually amazing except for the goaltending, but not enough to actually maintain a faint prayer of making the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordy Elbows

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'll take a fat Flames L tonight.

Watching them sell tomorrow would honestly be about as funny as watching them try to go for it.

Funny thing is I think that if they do end up selling they'll just go ahead and flip whatever futures they have for other players on the block that are 28+ (think Parayko) that they think will somehow make them better than the current 28+ players that they have on the roster.

The concept of disciplined organization building is totally over their heads. Treliving likes to make big ego stroking moves that get the fans/media excited, but don't really accomplish a whole lot.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
If Arizona gets Bedard... it will be embarrassing for the league.

Never seen anything like that team
He'll pull a lindross

Hoping for a tie and a Calgary retrenchment

Hoping for a tie and a Calgary retrenchment

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
houston could be a viable destination.
I think the NHL wants to sell an expansion team to Houston due to how much money they get from it that doesn’t count towards HRR. The owners love that 20+ mil they pocket from expansion. They'd rather not move a team there, even one that is bleeeeeeding money

Personally I don’t think the NHL should expand and that 32 teams is already too many but I’m just some guy on a message board.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I think the NHL wants to sell an expansion team to Houston due to how much money they get from it that doesn’t count towards HRR. The owners love that 20+ mil they pocket from expansion. They'd rather not move a team there, even one that is bleeeeeeding money

Personally I don’t think the NHL should expand and that 32 teams is already too many but I’m just some guy on a message board.

32 is already too many, agreed. But I think it works okay for playoffs and doesn’t water down the talent too much.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

32 teams should be the max for the NHL.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad