Around the League - 2024-2025

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
damn edmonton getting their shit kicked in even though they have a massive lead in shots

maybe having *checks notes* ty emberson as a top 4 dman isn't the smartest idea

(I know it's one game)
Prefacing this: Toronto's D has been imperfect for a long time.

I'll never understand the constant articles about Toronto's D core when teams like EDM (the current cup favourite) are running a D with the worst contract in the NHL (Nurse), Dermott, Emberson, and co. Somehow we are always the ones in need of a complete D overhaul year-after-year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I'll never understand the constant articles about Toronto's D core when teams like EDM (the current cup favourite) are running a D with the worst contract in the NHL (Nurse), Dermott, Emberson, and co. Somehow we are always the ones in need of a complete D overhaul year-after-year.
Pretty much everywhere you go you hear concerns about Edmonton’s weak D and goaltending.

Reactions: BallardEra

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

Wait til Bouchard inks his next contract.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What was that, about a 4-1 lead being the most dangerous in hockey?

Hilarious night in the gongshow division that's the Pacific .. also Vegas putting 8 up on Colorado .. wowzers.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Flames entertained indeed.

I don't dislike the Canucks, nor like the Flames, but I enjoyed that game.

Backlund's dumb/soft play failed to seal the victory, and the rest of the team thought it was over.

Nice shot by Miller, but never should have been availabe if Backlund was more aware/alert.

One goal games aren't over until the final whistle.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Stars and Preds tonight should be a good one.
If Hildeby doesn’t start tonight I’ll probably switch to that game once it starts. I’d love to see Dallas win the cup this season. 👌

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
"We're here to win a Stanley Cup," Werner said. "(Fenway) got involved with this because this is an incredible team with a great legacy, and our responsibility is to bring the city a Cup."

"We are so confident in Kyle's vision," Werner said. "You know, we brought on David Quinn this season. I think we're going to improve in various aspects, and our responsibility as FSG is to give (Mike Sullivan) and Kyle the resources that they need to win."

Werner reiterated Fenway's belief in Sullivan, too, calling him "one of the two or three best coaches in hockey."

🤣🤡🤣🤡

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
"We're here to win a Stanley Cup," Werner said. "(Fenway) got involved with this because this is an incredible team with a great legacy, and our responsibility is to bring the city a Cup."

"We are so confident in Kyle's vision," Werner said. "You know, we brought on David Quinn this season. I think we're going to improve in various aspects, and our responsibility as FSG is to give (Mike Sullivan) and Kyle the resources that they need to win."

Werner reiterated Fenway's belief in Sullivan, too, calling him "one of the two or three best coaches in hockey."

🤣🤡🤣🤡

Dubas landed Karlsson. That counts for something, right?

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I'm not sure what's so hard for people to understand. Ownership has committed to doing what they can to try and give Crosby at chance at winning.

Everyone involved knows the team isn't very good, but they're trying to do what's right by their captain who will retire in the next couple years as an all time great.

Is it a mistake in the sense of long term success, of course. But sometimes that's what the team feels is the right thing to do.

Reactions: Lauro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad