Around the League - 2024-2025

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
TNT kicks of their broadcast season tonight, but they should have been doing the games on opening night. Ray Ferraro doing two games is unique, but that was highlight of ESPNs entire day.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The new owners did a remarkable job during the past 5 months getting the team on the ice last night. From what I can see they don’t like doing things half assed and that’s why they didn’t finalize the name.

Still lots of work to do, like renovate the arena, but I’m pulling for the Smith’s because they brought the NHL to SLC which is an incredible city in a beautiful state.

I'll never leave Ontario so I'll have to take your word for it.

I think the Leafs and Utah would make good trading partners. I like all three of their RHD better than any one of the Leafs. Something around Marner + Liljegren for Schmaltz + Sergachev with whatever picks and prospects to balance it out.

Utah might end up being the next Colorado where the team relocates right before something special finally happens.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I think the Leafs and Utah would make good trading partners. I like all three of their RHD better than any one of the Leafs. Something around Marner + Liljegren for Schmaltz + Sergachev with whatever picks and prospects to balance it out.

Utah might end up being the next Colorado where the team relocates right before something special finally happens.
They have some good young talent not sure they’d have need for Liljegren, but Marner might look at it if he becomes a UFA.

Outside of the Toronto region, Ontario is a beautiful province, but Utah has a unique landscape.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1728481627428.png

• Wow
Reactions: Dekes For Days

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You know what, good for Ottawa. Stability in the crease with a pretty good goalie. And they don't have to worry all season whether or not he is going to re-sign with them.

Fitting he and Swayman got the exact same AAV. :)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Utah just traded for Serg as a part of a big blue line overhaul

They’re not going to trade him nor do they need Marner

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
That’s a good deal for Ottawa. They have a top 10 goalie locked up for the next 5 years. I know people on here think it’s too rich but what do you expect Ottawa to do? They needed this so badly. It sucks for us obviously but I have to admit this is a big piece for them.

Also with plans on a new arena, although their fan base is full of morons this is good for Ottawa in general. They unfortunately have a bright future

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
That’s a good deal for Ottawa. They have a top 10 goalie locked up for the next 5 years. I know people on here think it’s too rich but what do you expect Ottawa to do? They needed this so badly. It sucks for us obviously but I have to admit this is a big piece for them.

Also with plans on a new arena, although their fan base is full of morons this is good for Ottawa in general. They unfortunately have a bright future
I can't believe how right I was about this. It is going to end up being a positively horrendous deal. Luckily for Ottawa it is only 4 years (they did well limiting the term). Ullmark is not going to be the answer for Ottawa.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

Marner confirmed the incident in 2019 after the Maple Leafs fired Babcock.

Kadri, who played for Toronto for a decade, said in his book that he and teammate Tyler Bozak "stormed into Babcock's office and laid into him."

"He tried to defend what he'd done, to explain the thought process behind the exercise," Kadri recalled in the book.

"There wasn't much he could say, and in the end I think he realized he's made a mistake. After that he apologized to Mitch. We'd pretty much made him.

"You just don't do that to a rookie."

But he disagrees with some of Babcock's tactics then. Kadri wrote that Babcock asked Toronto's trainers to rank players based on their level of effort in the gym and talked about those assessments player by player in front of the entire team.

"The whole point was to embarrass guys, and it made for some awkward conversations between the players and the training staff," Kadri wrote.

"Once you break that trust, it's hard to come back."

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I can't believe how right I was about this. It is going to end up being a positively horrendous deal. Luckily for Ottawa it is only 4 years (they did well limiting the term). Ullmark is not going to be the answer for Ottawa.
He’s a top 10 goalie. Ottawa needed a top goalie for a while and now they have one

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

So the Leafs move out a RHD, for a LHD? How does that make sense?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They are an extremely aggressive team.

In all aspects of the game. From the 2-1-2 forecheck, to running of the goalie, to the face washes off the draw. They will beat you in the alley and on the score card.

A hypercharged team at their peak and they know it.
Overall, where results matter they have had better results than Leafs since expansion. Is it 3 trips to the finals, with 1 win?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
8.25m for Ullmark before he even plays a game for them? Yikes. That could turn out badly.

Also, if the reports are true, Shesterkin is insane. A goalie in a position to be paid top dollar should be trying to get as much term as possible.
That's guaranteed money for a position where things could change very quickly.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad