Around the League - 2023 Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
To be fair to Detroit, you could buy a house for ~2 years worth of salary. In Denver it might take 10. :laugh:

Detroit just came out of a barter economy actually. For awhile you could trade objects for property and food. I thin they've moved on to shiny stones.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No, I think you just misunderstood the rules.

Yeah you're right. I think I was supposed to yell "Uno out bitches!!!!" Though apparently that's not a requirement. So maybe I should have just called them bitches and I'd still have the job.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Nah...people selling hot-dogs at the games make more than that. There's no chance this is a full time job offer.
I was replying to it in general, why there have been cases and stories of how underpaid some of these positions are relative to other companies in the same practice.

Figured 15k is not even minimum wage level of the US?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah you're right. I think I was supposed to yell "Uno out bitches!!!!" Though apparently that's not a requirement. So maybe I should have just called them bitches and I'd still have the job.
And maybe if I didn't throw the cards I'd still have the girlfriend I mean job whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I remember years ago you used to say that Casey Mittelstadt would be a star player but I guess not.
Yup wrong call on my part, but he's coming around as a good player. Looked extremely good the last 35-40 games. What's your point on this, to discredit my opinion? I fully admit I'm wrong a lot of the time...

Last edited:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yup wrong call on my part, but he's coming around as a good player. Looked extremely good the last 35-40 games. What's your point on this, to discredit my opinion? I fully admit I'm wrong a lot of the time...
Yeah I know. Not everyone could be 100% correct all the time. Especially when it comes to drafting young players. Maybe Mittelstadt got a little fat after the draft and that had an influence on his slow start in the NHL.

Henchy, as a matter of fact I think that you would be a good candidate for the Avs scouting position.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I know. Not everyone could be 100% correct all the time. Especially when it comes to drafting young players. Maybe Mittelstadt got a little fat after the draft and that had an influence on his slow start in the NHL.

Henchy, as a matter of fact I think that you would be a good candidate for the Avs scouting position.
IMO he was rushed a bit and then Buffalo wouldn't admit it soon enough. Once they pushed him to the AHL he started to develop again. From there it was just injuries. Plus Buffalo was just mess all around under Krueger.

I would be an absolutely terrible scout... not nearly enough work ethic. :laugh:

I have far, far worse takes than Fatty and I'll own every single one. I do my best to learn from my mistakes in evaluations and why I end up missing. That doesn't stop me from having strong opinions though. :help:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was looking at some of the highlights of the past playoffs and I cannot tell you lot how utterly bad Burns and Slavin looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad