Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dude fell to #7 last year because he was signed for 3 more years in the KHL..so that was unexpected.
I saw a tweet today saying more Americans are spurning teams post-draft than Russians ever have, yet all we hear at the draft is the idea of "Russian factor."

I think GMs have to start re-thinking their approach to the draft and considering American kids way more of a flight risk than Russian kids.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I saw a tweet today saying more Americans are spurning teams post-draft than Russians ever have, yet all we hear at the draft is the idea of "Russian factor."

I think GMs have to start re-thinking their approach to the draft and considering American kids way more of a flight risk than Russian kids.

zhaGxjj.png

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Yes optimal age for rookies is 38 like Patshin is now no wonder the Avs suck at developing players they just aren’t patient enough😂😂😂

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

The Russia risk is a myth at this point. It´s far more likely that American college kids dictate their own terms. They are American though, the passport probably makes all the difference.

If a Russian is any good he will come to the NHL if he´s not you probbably don´t want him anyway. There was more of a risk when the KHL was a better league, but that´s not the case anymore.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'll wait for the higher-quality Chinese knock-offs.
At least the manifacturers themselves will be the same, so hope they don't mess this up too bad. A positive thing that was reported is that apparently Fanatics will start selling a version of the jerseys that wont be GI or GW but exactly the same jersey made in Montreal. Obviously it was like $400.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sharks had so many old guys on long, expensive contracts that it makes the Pens situation look healthy.

They got rid of Burns, Karlsson and Hertl (all 3 need a retention slot) and still have Vlasic (7M X 2) and Couture (8M X 3)

Jesus Christ....Grier really inherited a shit show.

Going to be a long rebuild...good luck Celebrini.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Sharks had so many old guys on long, expensive contracts that it makes the Pens situation look healthy.

They got rid of Burns, Karlsson and Hertl (all 3 need a retention slot) and still have Vlasic (7M X 2) and Couture (8M X 3)

Jesus Christ....Grier really inherited a shit show.

Going to be a long rebuild...good luck Celebrini.
I imagine Couture ends up LTIRetired in maximum two seasons.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Thought Vlasic retired like a couple years ago lol

Refused to watch that team the last couple seasons they are sooooo bad

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Muerelo is an idiot. But it also sounds like the goalposts were changed for the coyotes ownership team

View attachment 885905
Only days ago the ASLD answered this question asked of them. And yet they now claim the coyotes needed zoning in place before the auction.
As others on the other side of the debate have said, the Coyotes have lost a LOT of trust and needed to go out of their way to earn back that trust and they haven’t done shit. Craig Morgan was incredulous that they hadn’t hired an attorney to manage the zoning permit issues, which I guess is really basic shit, especially for a project of this scale. No one trusts this guy so I’m not surprised they found a way to block him.

How many times in the USA have we seen government at all levels go out of its way to accommodate rich guys? The fact that they continually keep slamming doors in Meruelo’s face should tell you something.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As others on the other side of the debate have said, the Coyotes have lost a LOT of trust and needed to go out of their way to earn back that trust and they haven’t done shit. Craig Morgan was incredulous that they hadn’t hired an attorney to manage the zoning permit issues, which I guess is really basic shit, especially for a project of this scale. No one trusts this guy so I’m not surprised they found a way to block him.

How many times in the USA have we seen government at all levels go out of its way to accommodate rich guys? The fact that they continually keep slamming doors in Meruelo’s face should tell you something.
Plenty of shame to go around, but they did have a zoning lawyer working it…
One of the biggest law firms in the southwest actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad