Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
So Calgary was willing to eat 2 years retention for a late 1st but wasn't willing to do Tanev for RyJo and 1st?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Markstrom for kevin Bahl and 2025 first rounder. New Jersey finally has a goalie and maybe clagary can get out of perpetual mediocrity
That feels like highway robbery. I’m not the biggest Markstrom fan but I am definitely no fan at all of Bahl.

Still should’ve gone with eggplant and jade but that is a HUGE improvement over the single worst uniforms in the league.

I dig the orange helmets. Too bad they’ll likely introduce a black alternate and just end up wearing that all the damn time.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Here's an idea Anaheim, use these as your jerseys:

1718824872812.png

1718824906996.png

Job done.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Ducks owner is on record saying they will never wear those again.
Can't believe I really have thought about this before, but when Disney sold the Ducks, how much of the Mighty Ducks got sold along with the team? How much can the owners tap into stuff that Disney made (the cartoon and movies) with the franchise? I always figured that the rebrand to Anaheim Ducks from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim had to do with the IP and trademarks owned by Disney but that could have been a very bad assumption on my part.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can't believe I really have thought about this before, but when Disney sold the Ducks, how much of the Mighty Ducks got sold along with the team? How much can the owners tap into stuff that Disney made (the cartoon and movies) with the franchise? I always figured that the rebrand to Anaheim Ducks from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim had to do with the IP and trademarks owned by Disney but that could have been a very bad assumption on my part.
No I think the people who bought the team from Disney just wanted nothing to do with the branding. They're wrong.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Minny has wasted 4 years of their superstar Kaprizov's career not contending for the cup. 2 years left in his contract.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Offer sheets only really work when there's a cap crunched team, and the player in question is someone who has yet really not broken out but has a lot of potential, and is up for like less than 5mil. You then overpay on a short term to force the move, and hope that the player really breaks out then re-sign him. So, Kotkaniemi. The Canes obviously f***ed up by inking him to that extension, but the offer sheet itself was a well executed move.

With a player like Necas, I don't know how that works. You either do a favor to the Hurricanes by offering a decent contract (like Montreal did with Aho), or you make a way higher offer than Carolina is willing, at which point they will thank you for the compensation picks.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Offer sheets only really work when there's a cap crunched team, and the player in question is someone who has yet really not broken out but has a lot of potential, and is up for like less than 5mil. You then overpay on a short term to force the move, and hope that the player really breaks out then re-sign him. So, Kotkaniemi. The Canes obviously f***ed up by inking him to that extension, but the offer sheet itself was a well executed move.

With a player like Necas, I don't know how that works. You either do a favor to the Hurricanes by offering a decent contract (like Montreal did with Aho), or you make a way higher offer than Carolina is willing, at which point they will thank you for the compensation picks.
If this was the case a trade would have been made. The comp picks are less in value than Carolina is asking or there wouldn't be the threat of an offer sheet.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure how many of you lot watched the IIHF, but Necas was f***ing insane in that tournament. Showed what he could do when he's allowed to roam in IDGAF mode and not stuck behind Brind'amour's stubbornness (which Bednar has some of that too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad