Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
The Coyotes f***ing up a land development/stadium plan?! I for one am absolutely astonished :sarcasm:

Their whole cycle is under-preparing, over-promising, inevitably falling short, and then acting aggrieved and shocked despite every indication showing they will fail.

So glad to be rid of this tin-pot franchise at least in the short term.

Reactions: McMetal

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Exactly what the NHL wants. Let the term expire, work with the Suns to team up on an arena around 2030-2032.
Unless Ishbia is buying the franchise, I'd rather they just fold it and sell an expansion to Houston or Kansas City.

Ishbia owning the Suns would make sense if he wanted the Coyotes but I don't believe he does. Without him though, they've already shown it is impossible to find an owner who can make Arizona work.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Unless Ishbia is buying the franchise, I'd rather they just fold it and sell an expansion to Houston or Kansas City.

Ishbia owning the Suns would make sense if he wanted the Coyotes but I don't believe he does. Without him though, they've already shown it is impossible to find an owner who can make Arizona work.
My guess is they will work with Ishbia or whoever owns the Suns at that time. The market is too large to ignore forever, but AM is simply not the guy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Offer sheets only really work when there's a cap crunched team, and the player in question is someone who has yet really not broken out but has a lot of potential, and is up for like less than 5mil. You then overpay on a short term to force the move, and hope that the player really breaks out then re-sign him. So, Kotkaniemi. The Canes obviously f***ed up by inking him to that extension, but the offer sheet itself was a well executed move.

With a player like Necas, I don't know how that works. You either do a favor to the Hurricanes by offering a decent contract (like Montreal did with Aho), or you make a way higher offer than Carolina is willing, at which point they will thank you for the compensation picks.
Offer sheets frankly should happen WAY more than they do. Even if they don’t succeed you kinda force the hand of a rival team. Yes, there’s fear of a reprisal but if that happens you can always just walk away.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
LMAO @ Meruelo. Proof positive that wealthy businesspeople can be total morons. Probably not the worst owner the NHL has ever had, but possibly the dumbest.

League is breathing a huge sigh of relief. That whole thing from the start felt like the NHL was so desperate to keep the Coyotes in Arizona they partnered up with anyone who said yes and essentially landed in the business equivalent of a drunken one night stand you immediately regret.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Offer sheets frankly should happen WAY more than they do. Even if they don’t succeed you kinda force the hand of a rival team. Yes, there’s fear of a reprisal but if that happens you can always just walk away.
Maybe they do happen? As far as I know offersheets aren't announced if they don't get signed.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Puckpedia likely has to suffice and I can't stand the interface of that site.
5nXNkRl.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, they really should strive for you to be able to see the entire active roster and their salaries on one screen without having to constantly scroll back and forth. I wish you could hit an export to excel button and then just fix it to your own liking there. That would be subscription worthy for me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That puts the five year timeline for Meruelo in serious jeopardy. You can't put shovels in ground that you don't own yet.
It already was in serious jeopardy. This is pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

Back when it was still NHL Numbers the layout was IMO superior to Cap Friendly. I went there first to check out cap stuff. A shame they ruined with the purchase/rebranding/whatever that was.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Muerelo is an idiot. But it also sounds like the goalposts were changed for the coyotes ownership team

IMG-20240622-WA0002.jpg

Only days ago the ASLD answered this question asked of them. And yet they now claim the coyotes needed zoning in place before the auction.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Very excited to see this guy play in the NHL. I wonder if he ends up more Kaprizov or Gaudreau style wise because of how little he weighs.
Dude fell to #7 last year because he was signed for 3 more years in the KHL..so that was unexpected.

Not sure Torts is the right coach for him though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad