Around the League - 2023/24

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still can't believe that Mike f***ing Babcock was something Jarmo came up with. That has Davidson's name all over it.
Oh I can believe it. Both of them were desperate enough to think it was a good idea. Near as I can tell it was the owner who didn’t want anything to do with Babs and had to be convinced.

Where I think the owner deserves a fair share of the blame was in not entering a solid rebuild after Bob and Bread left. Trying to run it back after the playoff sweep of the Bolts is where everything went horribly wrong.

That was one of my favorite games to watch. Best part was when the Pepsi Center crew kept panning back to Sven in the box to get the crowd pumped and he’d laugh and play along every time.

Reactions: sethro109

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I still can't believe that Mike f***ing Babcock was something Jarmo came up with. That has Davidson's name all over it.
I mean they were very successful under Tortorella. Brad Larsen was a disaster. They felt the need to get a hard-ass coach again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oh I can believe it. Both of them were desperate enough to think it was a good idea.
I don't get the Davidson hate. Nearly all the shit decisions with CBJ started after he left to NY.

He's not the reason the team is like this.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't get the Davidson hate. Nearly all the shit decisions with CBJ started after he left to NY.

Bhahahahahaha

Let's be honest, a lot of the bad decisions were made with him being the president. And he's ultimately responsible for the result.

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bhahahahahaha

Let's be honest, a lot of the bad decisions were made with him being the president. And he's ultimately responsible for the result.
The current shitshow started in 2019-20 and he left after the season 2018-19.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The current shitshow started in 2019-20 and he left after the season 2018-19.
And came back in 2021 to continue with the shitshow. He's the POHO, he's just as responsible for their last two lacklustre coaching hires for an example.

Reactions: Bender

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
JidkLd5.gif

WLUydWL.png

Those were the days @McMetal
The future was so bright then...

But you know what's crazy? That's not ironic, the future was literally bright in hindsight. THAT team was about to start a season where they made the playoffs, and start on the path to winning a Cup. Who would have thought THAT in September 2017?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

No. He absolutely quit on Columbus and left them in complete shambles. Then he came back and took a dump on the roster by hiring Mike Babcock.

Davidson should get the f*** out of hockey. His thinking is three decades behind where the NHL currently is.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bylsma is an interesting one to me. Took over in Pittsburgh and won that Cup in 2009, but it’s been a mixed bag since. Him and Eichel in Buffalo should have worked, but it didn’t. It’s taken him a long time to get back to the NHL and obviously he wasn’t Francis’ first choice.

On the other hand, Arniel just screams “We can’t afford anyone else.”

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bylsma is an interesting one to me. Took over in Pittsburgh and won that Cup in 2009, but it’s been a mixed bag since. Him and Eichel in Buffalo should have worked, but it didn’t. It’s taken him a long time to get back to the NHL and obviously he wasn’t Francis’ first choice.

On the other hand, Arniel just screams “We can’t afford anyone else.”
Meh. Neither are exciting hire.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I got a half chub when Patrick Roy came back to the NHL
Well that’s totally understandable but most of the time when a coach gets the rock star treatment upon entry it doesn’t go well IIRC. I mean, look what happened with Roy in Colorado after that magical first year and Babcock in Toronto. Hell, there was some hype with Bylsma himself when he came to Buffalo.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
In Finnish, we sometimes say "HMV" to describe something. Stands for "Hajuton, mauton, väritön". "Odourless, tasteless (not as in inappropriate but as not having flavour), colourless". And that's what this Bylsma hiring is, just bland AF. Fits the franchise though, Seattle hasn't done a single exciting thing to date in their existence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad