GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
When you have these athletes saying "no offense, but your existence goes against my beliefs", of course people are going to get pissed.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
But thats my point, they haven't cancelled the cause nights nor the jerseys. Players just wont wear them. And see my above post, a new 100% Voluntary initiative was just launched that didn't exist before. Education and awareness are still happening.
The "do nothing comment was in the context of Joe's company, not the NHL. I also applaud their new initiative, but if you want to see how the recent decision can color efforts like this simply look at the thread on the main board.

I suspect that we have covered as much as can be in this regard. I recognize the points you are making even though I may disagree with them and appreciate the civility of the discussion.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seth had Skinner as his calder winner.

On a side note is it not a little messed up to have both Connor and Leon on your ballot for Hart? Especially at 1 and 2.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Who knows anything about Sharangovich?

This does not seem to be an auspicious debut for Conroy?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I think the Kings will come to regret the 8 year Dubois deal.

He is a good player but IMHO not a great one and comes complete with a real attitude package.
I wouldn't put much stock into the attitude narrative.

He demanded a trade from a team with a notorious asshole in Torts as coach, and got dumped on a team that is notorious for having a fractious locker room. If he's demanding a trade out of LA in a year or two, might have a case, but hard to pin anything on him when he's going from bad situation to bad situation. Even in winnipeg which is clearly a bad situation, all he said was he wasn't going to resign with them, something most of the players in that locker room are thinking these days.

It's still a bad trade for LA of course, but that's because he's pretty mid as a player more than anything :laugh:

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
With deadlines for qualifying and buyouts fast approaching, something has got to give on the trade front the next two days.

Oh yeah and that little draft thingy we're kind of ignoring. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad