GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

What in hell are people thinking? Going online to the kids account to attack him personally because they dont like the draft pick?

Social media strikes again....They should just ban Twitter period.

Often the weakest dogs bark the loudest, and social media gives those dogs a voice.

Twitter is absolute cancer. If it died I wouldn't weep.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

What in hell are people thinking? Going online to the kids account to attack him personally because they dont like the draft pick?

Poor kid. Why do Habs fans hate the puck so much? Send the hate mail to the GM. Not the kids' fault they drafted him.

I agree about twitter and social media in general. I'm convinced social media is the third anti-christ Nostradamus predicted-lol.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Poor kid. Why do Habs fans hate the puck so much? Send the hate mail to the GM. Not the kids' fault they drafted him.

I agree about twitter and social media in general. I'm convinced social media is the third anti-christ Nostradamus predicted-lol.
Kid must think NHL is f***ed and hasn't even played a game. First the stupid questions at combine, then price forgets who he is, and now this.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Toxic media should have never existed. What did they think it was going to all become? Factor in the amount of aholes out there, the anonymity, the distancing, and the teen population and this was always going to be the worst Junior High level of decorum. That was guaranteed. All the factors in place for it to be a shitshow.

But the other factor? This is what Canada has become.

What are the issues that the complainers have. I haven't even looked into it.

Wonder if this is the work of a troll farm / hackers. Can’t imagine any fan base acting like that.
You quite clearly haven't spent much time in Montreal. You can't go there without being insulted randomly. Its a place where drivers scream at pedestrians trying to cross a main road with the walk sign. The most uncivil city I've been to in Canada. Its nice to look at but thats as far as it goes. it sure isn't friendly.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Toxic media should have never existed. What did they think it was going to all become? Factor in the amount of aholes out there, the anonymity, the distancing, and the teen population and this was always going to be the worst Junior High level of decorum. That was guaranteed. All the factors in place for it to be a shitshow.

But the other factor? This is what Canada has become.

What are the issues that the complainers have. I haven't even looked into it.

Partially the GMs fault. He said he wouldn't have drafted him if he was an LD instead of RD, also said he thought he topped out as a 2nd pair guy.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Habs like making controversial draft picks with their high picks. KK, Slavkovsky and now this kid. The only good high pick they made recently was Sergachev and they traded him for Drouin.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Habs like making controversial draft picks with their high picks. KK, Slavkovsky and now this kid. The only good high pick they made recently was Sergachev and they traded him for Drouin.
Montreal's draft strategy kind of reminds me of Holland's Oilers. The obvious players are there to take ( Zegras, Wallstedt, Cooley, Michkov etc) but they end up reaching for a different player instead.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Treliving hosting this decades Team Impossible

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Calgary did nothing

although this may work out for them. Just like how they picked up Kadri last year, they could sign someone like Dumba. Maybe even Yamamoto

Theres also Domi out there, and Tatar, Tarasenko, Bear

Who else could throw some cash around?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Calgary did nothing

although this may work out for them. Just like how they picked up Kadri last year, they could sign someone like Dumba. Maybe even Yamamoto

No one that makes a damn of a difference is left. Which is probably for the best (for them and their fans, not us) as their rebuild is long overdue

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Calgary did nothing

They don’t have much space left, but I’m surprised they didn’t even pick up some league minimum/AHL guys. Maybe no one wants to go there until they have no other choice in mid july. There still have to sort out their top players that want to leave or might leave.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Calgary did nothing

They have zero cap room to sign anybody, and there’s no chance any of those players have the Flames on their list unless they’re well compensated.

Couldn’t have been a better day for the Flames and Leafs yesterday from the perspective of someone that despises both teams. To make it better they are connected too.

Treliving is a fraud, straight up. Most overrated GM of all time. Leaves Calgary knowing that whole situation is about to implode, then goes to TO and prioritizes overpaying bottom 6 players and blows big AAV money on Klingberg as his big moves. Leafs are 100% worse today than they were yesterday. He has always been fooled on free agency day and today is no different. Makes me laugh that he went with Reaves and Klinbgerg as a glut of quality players for low AAV were available.

Back to Calgary. Treliving takes off just as the bottom is about to fall out and their cheapskate owner hires an incompetent goof to replace him. He’s trying so hard to sign Lindholm to a forever deal to lock in that team as shit for the next decade as he has a bunch of tradeable assets rotting on the vine that he can’t do anything with until he figures out what Lindholm is doing. He can’t sign anyone because he has no cap room, he can’t trade anyone because that might scare Lindholm off. Hilarious. All to sign a 30 year old lower end 1C to a massive deal.

Happy Canada Day! Haha

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They have zero cap room to sign anybody, and there’s no chance any of those players have the Flames on their list unless they’re well compensated.

Couldn’t have been a better day for the Flames and Leafs yesterday from the perspective of someone that despises both teams. To make it better they are connected too.

Treliving is a fraud, straight up. Most overrated GM of all time. Leaves Calgary knowing that whole situation is about to implode, then goes to TO and prioritizes overpaying bottom 6 players and blows big AAV money on Klingberg as his big moves. Leafs are 100% worse today than they were yesterday. He has always been fooled on free agency day and today is no different. Makes me laugh that he went with Reaves and Klinbgerg as a glut of quality players for low AAV were available.

Back to Calgary. Treliving takes off just as the bottom is about to fall out and their cheapskate owner hires an incompetent goof to replace him. He’s trying so hard to sign Lindholm to a forever deal to lock in that team as shit for the next decade as he has a bunch of tradeable assets rotting on the vine that he can’t do anything with until he figures out what Lindholm is doing. He can’t sign anyone because he has no cap room, he can’t trade anyone because that might scare Lindholm off. Hilarious. All to sign a 30 year old lower end 1C to a massive deal.

Happy Canada Day! Haha
Treliving walked into a situation in TO with a lot of history and made moves as if there wasn't. He's walking into a team that needs to try Dmen and has this talented core. So, he adds an interesting D in Klingberg and is working to keep his core. Except, the Leafs core is a proven dud when it matters most, and everyone sees Klingberg as the 2nd coming of Barrie, which was a huge flop there. Dubas even talked about shaking that team up, but now that's all gone. Maybe that's why he was let go. The powers at be see deep playoff runs as desirable, but would rather keep status quo rather than risk potentially taking a step back.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Treliving walked into a situation in TO with a lot of history and made moves as if there wasn't. He's walking into a team that needs to try Dmen and has this talented core. So, he adds an interesting D in Klingberg and is working to keep his core. Except, the Leafs core is a proven dud when it matters most, and everyone sees Klingberg as the 2nd coming of Barrie, which was a huge flop there. Dubas even talked about shaking that team up, but now that's all gone. Maybe that's why he was let go. The powers at be see deep playoff runs as desirable, but would rather keep status quo rather than risk potentially taking a step back.
I am a little shocked that the Leafs did not buyout Murray. I still think that if they go to arbitration with Samsonov that they will buy him out. But they may well have been able to use the cap space constructively yesterday had they already done so.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Canadian GMs are all some flavor of ass, as much as Canadian fans complain about not having a Cup since 1993, looking at the level of management of these teams, frankly they don't deserve it.

2006 era Kevin Lowe would probably be an upgrade on every single working Canadian GM right now and he had big flaws himself.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I am a little shocked that the Leafs did not buyout Murray. I still think that if they go to arbitration with Samsonov that they will buy him out. But they may well have been able to use the cap space constructively yesterday had they already done so.
I'm going to guess buying out Murray is a no-go

They have the Matthews and Nylander extensions kicking in next year. Buying Murray out puts 2 million in dead cap just when they can't have it. Although, we are supposed to get a cap boost, but maybe they have plans there still. Maybe this coming season will just be sacrificed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad