GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Other than his first year, the rest of the years here were not very good.
Up until Christmas of his second year actually and then it was like a light was switched off. Very strange. At Christmas in 39 games he had 9 goals and 26 points. In the last 43 games of the season he had 1 goal and 8 points. I don't really remember seeing a player fall off a cliff like this so absolutely.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Up until Christmas of his second year actually and then it was like a light was switched off. Very strange. At Christmas in 39 games he had 9 goals and 26 points. In the last 43 games of the season he had 1 goal and 8 points. I don't really remember seeing a player fall off a cliff like this so absolutely.

Even though there was still some production at that time, I recall seeing him play like absolute shit on a lot of nights and in a lot of areas of the ice. You could see signs of decline, then Christmas hit and the bottom fell out never to return. The worst part was watching him get force fed top 6 minutes either in a faint effort to "get him going" or to prevent him from throwing an ego induced tantrum.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Even though there was still some production at that time, I recall seeing him play like absolute shit on a lot of nights and in a lot of areas of the ice. You could see signs of decline, then Christmas hit and the bottom fell out never to return. The worst part was watching him get force fed top 6 minutes either in a faint effort to "get him going" or to prevent him from throwing an ego induced tantrum.
I agree. BUt he was still having some success playing with Nuge. (Nuge had 15 goals at that time 10 ES.) Lucic never came close to that level of production again with the Oilers.

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Raise your hand if you still play for the Calgary Flames.

Step back one pace if you don't want to.

At least our “old boys club” actually won something when they played.

Flames are rapidly filling their front office with legends of yesteryear that made their mark overachieving in the regular season followed up by bowing out fast in the playoffs each season.

“Winning cultures” that attract the likes of Mackenzie Weegar don’t grow on trees you know….

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Raise your hand if you still play for the Calgary Flames.

Step back one pace if you don't want to.

Honestly good for him. The guy was pretty dedicated to the team. Wasn't the joke last off-season don't worry at some point Stone will sign a contract with the Flames.

Seems like he wanted to be in Calgary no matter what.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sounds like Alin Vigneault retiring. Still has a year I believe left on contract, but plans on working on his golf game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Sounds like Alin Vigneault retiring. Still has a year I believe left on contract, but plans on working on his golf game.
A sound move. Everyone should continue working on their golf game until they shoot their age. Hope I can live to near 100 to give myself a chance. My nurse will be my caddie. And she's going to be f***ing hot, BTW.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You mean woke?

It’s the Black Hawk colors FFS.

Why? For a Hawks player at a podium decorated in his teams colors in a design never used by the NSDAP, ever?
I have no problem admitting that the world is far too sensitive to many things. But your post seems to answer your own question of why since you obviously understood the context as did I. You already have a team with a rather controversial crest and name, (And for the record I think the issue of things like names and crests is far too politicized. In this case there is even a compelling historical reason for the name that makes it even more nuanced. ) that went through another huge controversy for covering up abuse. You would think they might be a little aware that this picture could trigger negative imagery and publicity that teh franchise probably does not need.

Reactions: brentashton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have no problem admitting that the world is far too sensitive to many things. But your post seems to answer your own question of why since you obviously understood the context as did I. You already have a team with a rather controversial crest and name, (And for the record I think the issue of things like names and crests is far too politicized. In this case there is even a compelling historical reason for the name that makes it even more nuanced. ) that went through another huge controversy for covering up abuse. You would think they might be a little aware that this picture could trigger negative imagery and publicity that teh franchise probably does not need.

I only understood the context because some knucklehead tried to draw a weak parallel to Nazism on that cesspool called Twitter. If I had seen the press conference there would have been no parallel drawn whatsoever.

I really have no question that needs answering other than why can't the perpetually offended just f*** the hell off?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I only understood the context because some knucklehead tried to draw a weak parallel to Nazism on that cesspool called Twitter. If I had seen the press conference there would have been no parallel drawn whatsoever.

I really have no question that needs answering other than why can't the perpetually offended just f*** the hell off?
For the record again, I was not offended by the picture since I have no doubt it was innocent. But the symbolism was not really that much of a stretch since it was clear to me what the context of the post was almost immediately having seen enough film and pictures from that era.

The term "woke" quite literally means "being aware of cultural sensitivities". The Blackhawks have not been all that good in that regard so while it's probably not much in the big scheme of things this is another in a series of unforced errors from a publicity perspective.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
For the record again, I was not offended by the picture since I have no doubt it was innocent. But the symbolism was not really that much of a stretch since it was clear to me what the context of the post was almost immediately having seen enough film and pictures from that era.

The term "woke" quite literally means "being aware of cultural sensitivities". The Blackhawks have not been all that good in that regard so while it's probably not much in the big scheme of things this is another in a series of unforced errors from a publicity perspective.
I think they could have made the podium all black and some people would have been upset that it was only black, not white or rainbow. The outrage that Heater is trying to manufacture is absurd, maybe they should have given Perry some brown contact lenses.

The term woke us used to describe people who search for a reason to be offended or be offended on behalf of someone else in everything they see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad