GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Brutal return on Debrincat. Ottawa basically got a late first, Kubalik and a couple of nothing late picks.
To be fair, neither Detroit or Boston are likely to do much damage next season looking at their rosters. That's likely a mid round 1st, a 4th and whatever they get for Kubalik at the deadline.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Debrincat is the kind of player bad teams pay 8M to in order to be a little more exciting to their fans on the way to being -60 on the season.

If Seider and Husso aren't unbelievable, I think they might allow 300 goals against and regress.

Congrats to Jordan Binnington

Nah. He's a clown on and off the ice. May his bride bang his best man.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Debrincat is the kind of player bad teams pay 8M to in order to be a little more exciting to their fans on the way to being -60 on the season.

If Seider and Husso aren't unbelievable, I think they might allow 300 goals against and regress.

Nah. He's a clown on and off the ice. May his bride bang his best man.
Dude that’s so rude ! What if he has a HFboards account

• Haha
Reactions: ohheyhemsky

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
That is one of the most awkward wedding kiss photos I've ever seen. Her arms are limp down at her side and he looks like he's trying to suck her eyeballs out through her mouth.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So, Tyson Barrie got married the other day and before the wedding, the guys went golfing. The first foursome was McDavid, Crosby, Nathan Mackinnon, and Marner. Quite the group
"What did McDavid, Crosby & Mackinnon say to a hungover Mitch Marner the day after the wedding and before another round of golf?"

"YOU MADE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND!"

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Supposedly there is mutual interest between Hellebuyck and the Devils. While I would certainly prefer him going out east vs LA or Vegas for example, if he ends up in NJ I think they become a serious contender for the top team in the East.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Brutal return on Debrincat. Ottawa basically got a late first, Kubalik and a couple of nothing late picks.
Kubalik seems like another Perlini. Not sure he really does enough good to make up for the bad.

I mean it's only 2.5mil a year, but I sure hope Ottawa doesn't do something stupid and extend him before he plays with them.

Supposedly there is mutual interest between Hellebuyck and the Devils. While I would certainly prefer him going out east vs LA or Vegas for example, if he ends up in NJ I think they become a serious contender for the top team in the East.
Wish I could remember what Woodley had to say about the Devils and Hellebuyck. He was pretty adament that Buffalo wouldn't be a good fit for him, but can't remember if he said anything about the Devils.

Too bad Gregor doesn't still have his show, because I'm sure we'd hear about it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So, Tyson Barrie got married the other day and before the wedding, the guys went golfing. The first foursome was McDavid, Crosby, Nathan Mackinnon, and Marner. Quite the group
Barrie must be a Biosteel participant. Pretty impressive that guys got that close from an off-season training camp.

Either that or Barrie wanted a good toaster and not some cheap 30 dollar wal-mart one

• Haha
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Barrie must be a Biosteel participant. Pretty impressive that guys got that close from an off-season training camp.

Either that or Barrie wanted a good toaster and not some cheap 30 dollar wal-mart one
No shit...what the hell do you give a multi millionaire and his bride for a wedding gift?

If I'm Connor, I'm definitely giving Tyson one of these as a gag gift though.

1655742082-lg.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Look at that more potential changes. What's worse about this is it rumors. Wish it would just be done properly, where they are informed by the company and then company releases a statement.

Sportsnet Panel and production has been getting so bad and now they've went and made it worse IMO.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere but down the page in the link Joe Stevens posted above, there is a blurb about Foligno getting traded to the Blackhawks and a reporter asked him about the change from playing on a team with the best regular season and a president's trophy to playing on a team which just drafted 1st overall.

His response was "We won the same number of playoff rounds as the Blackhawks did. It won't be much if a change at all."

Look at that more potential changes. What's worse about this is it rumors. Wish it would just be done properly, where they are informed by the company and then company releases a statement.

Sportsnet Panel and production has been getting so bad and now they've went and made it worse IMO.
Just three more seasons. Sucks to see Bieksa go, he'll get on with ESPN. He's too good as an analyst to not get scooped. The idiots at SN strike again.

• Haha
Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere but down the page in the link Joe Stevens posted above, there is a blurb about Foligno getting traded to the Blackhawks and a reporter asked him about the change from playing on a team with the best regular season and a president's trophy to playing on a team which just drafted 1st overall.

His response was "We won the same number of playoff rounds as the Blackhawks did. It won't be much if a change at all."

Just three more seasons. Sucks to see Bieksa go, he'll get on with ESPN. He's too good as an analyst to not get scooped. The idiots at SN strike again.
Found a positive way to spin it. Hathaway should've said the same lol. I mean at the end of the day every tom dick and harry knows Foligno took the money and ran. With hopes of going to a contender at deadline anyway.

You say just three more seasons, but does one know if they won't get the renewal? That and even if TSN gets it, at what point to they blow their budget and do the same shit Sportsnet is? Doesn't even seem like it's just a Sportsnet issue anymore. This is become more and more common in the states too.

Seems TV and radio are both heading down the path that as soon as you make too much money they'll find someone cheaper. Regardless of impact. They know suckers like us aren't going to quit watching a sport based on who is on a panel or who does play by play or color commentating.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Found a positive way to spin it. Hathaway should've said the same lol. I mean at the end of the day every tom dick and harry knows Foligno took the money and ran. With hopes of going to a contender at deadline anyway.

You say just three more seasons, but does one know if they won't get the renewal? That and even if TSN gets it, at what point to they blow their budget and do the same shit Sportsnet is? Doesn't even seem like it's just a Sportsnet issue anymore. This is become more and more common in the states too.

Seems TV and radio are both heading down the path that as soon as you make too much money they'll find someone cheaper. Regardless of impact. They know suckers like us aren't going to quit watching a sport based on who is on a panel or who does play by play or color commentating.
You know, the way podcasts have killed radio, online streaming services may kill televised broadcasts.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You know, the way podcasts have killed radio, online streaming services may kill televised broadcasts.

“Along with MacLean, it appears that Kevin Bieksa, Kelly Hrudey and Jennifer Botterill's time with Hockey Night in Canada will be over as well, but that remains unconfirmed at this time.”

It would suck to lose Bieksa and Botterill. Hrudey and MacLean can both GTFO. Bieksa is by far the best analyst out there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad